how do I get the immobiliser code?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.
User avatar
John Plum
Posts: 566
Joined: 23 Sep 2009, 15:23
x 5

how do I get the immobiliser code?

Unread post by John Plum »

now I need the 4 digit immobiliser code to do a alexia on the transponder chi[p in a newly cut key. I have no working key to start the car until it''s done.
I don't have the 7 digit key Code: but not the card with the scratch panel on my xantia MK2; :?: How exactly do I get that code from Citroen?
Cheers John
John Plum
Xantia II Estate,1999, 2.0 HDI LX, 17000 miles, manual
Northern_Mike

Re: how do I get the immobiliser code?

Unread post by Northern_Mike »

Take proof of ownership to tour nearest Citroen dealer and ask them for it. Some will charge you a tenner, some might give it you for free as mine did.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
User avatar
John Plum
Posts: 566
Joined: 23 Sep 2009, 15:23
x 5

Re: how do I get the immobiliser code?

Unread post by John Plum »

Northern_Mike wrote:Take proof of ownership to tour nearest Citroen dealer and ask them for it. Some will charge you a tenner, some might give it you for free as mine did.
Aw cheers Mike; it's nice to know what to do!
John Plum
Xantia II Estate,1999, 2.0 HDI LX, 17000 miles, manual
User avatar
Bandit12
(Donor 2020)
Posts: 396
Joined: 23 Apr 2013, 11:35
x 12

Re: how do I get the immobiliser code?

Unread post by Bandit12 »

My local stealer i mean dealer charged me £15! [-X

Bandit
2002 Citroen C5 2.2Hdi exclusive estate (sadly gone) :(
2009 Citroën C5 X7 2.0 hdi (136bhp) exclusive estate (Oh wow what an upgrade) 8-)
ekjdm14
(Donor 2020)
Posts: 1988
Joined: 19 Jan 2015, 17:42
x 263

Re: how do I get the immobiliser code?

Unread post by ekjdm14 »

Bandit12 wrote:My local stealer i mean dealer charged me £15! [-X

Bandit
And YOU'RE the one called bandit? :twisted: :roll:
'95 Xantia LX 1.9D-auto, Black, 118k
'97 306 XS 1.6i, Blaze Yellow, 29k
'96 ZX SX 1.9TD, White, 88k
'98 306 1.9D, Cherry Red, 180?k
'05 "Fraud Fuco" Focus stopgap/beater
'12 Mini freebie project
User avatar
John Plum
Posts: 566
Joined: 23 Sep 2009, 15:23
x 5

Re: how do I get the immobiliser code?

Unread post by John Plum »

One stealer wanted £15 plus VAT, another £25.00.
They could put the code on the registration document - no advantage of having it on a plastic card, for second hand buyers, or original owner. No need for a lexia to do it either, just stick the key in, press a button on the dash and enter your code, it's enough for me and the insurers… because it's MY RESPONSIBILITY I say in a loud voice, to keep the code safe anyway; no difference there, except saves calling out locksmiths to charge £90 for ten or so minutes safe work, before you carry on climbing trees with a chainsaw for about 1/3 of that fee.

Anyway I paid £90 for a locksmith to come over with his magic wand, and they conjured up the immobiliser code and set key to the ECU; I'm in west london if you want that crew. I've prepared a working Diagbox-7 in Windows XP in a VirtualBox on a Mac, but was going to take too long for a PSA data interface to arrive from China.
Now. this crew didn't want my log book as proof - they went by the tone of my voice and demeanour; that's some skill! 8-)
I hope someone reads this in one thousand years, and asks: "why don't they just ride a horse, maybe hitch a cart, and let the horse bite a thief?" [-X
My answer: You see, we're all suckers, and that's a fact. :rofl2:
Last edited by John Plum on 15 May 2015, 09:25, edited 2 times in total.
John Plum
Xantia II Estate,1999, 2.0 HDI LX, 17000 miles, manual
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Posts: 7098
Joined: 19 Aug 2008, 12:38
x 95

Unread post by addo »

Definitely FCF "Post of the Week". Good stuff.