Diagbox 7.62 error

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Peugeot_Russ
My Cars:

Diagbox 7.62 error

Post by Peugeot_Russ »

So I finally got through with installing diagbox on my laptop but ran into a problem at the later end. Right after I close the program and reopen it, where it says "installing internet update" the bar loads and then it says please wait. After a few minutes it comes up with an error message saying to reload the diagnostic tool and recommence installation. I've tried uninstalling the program but it get stuck on "stopping the server eDiag" phase. I dont know what else to do. everything was going great up to that point. it was just a matter of installing updates and restarting. can anyone help with this?

thanks.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: Diagbox 7.62 error

Post by RichardW »

Russ

Can you get it working on an earlier version? You won't need the latest version for your car, 7.02 will do fine.
Richard W
Gibbo_Wirral
My Cars: Peugeot 206 Sport 2L HDI

Post by Gibbo_Wirral »

Which update was it and what were up upgrading from?
Peugeot Planet Diagnostics: Wirral, Merseyside, Lancashire, Cheshire, North Wales
Peugeot_Russ
My Cars:

Post by Peugeot_Russ »

Hey guys. thanks for the input. I noticed that when i try to install the various updates 7.54-7.62 it corrupts my entire diagbox and I have to uninstall it and reinstall it again. SInce my 407 was 2005 model, i said, 7.02 should be fine. So this morning i got it installed once more *by myself* and hooked up to the car. Numerous faults came up with the global test- which then I clear and re-did a global test. It finally settled on 3 main fault codes.

C1380- Abs Pump seized. Permanent fault. I got this fault earlier in the global test but i managed to clear it until it came back again. I even did the acutator test to run the abs pump which it did fine.

P0087- Front left hand passenger ABS sensor open circuit- permanent fault.

the last one i cant remember but it was for the gearbox- it said Vehicle speed transmitted by the ABS- temporary fault. I did manage to clear this code as well but it came back when the 2nd fault in the ABS system appeared.

I spent 4 hours looking around Peugeot planet, running tests as best as i know without messing anything up..hopefully. Some things i found were

Status of fan assembly relay- inactive

SHift release not clicking- when i started the car and then switched off the engine, then using the test, it began clicking.

1 sequential solenoid valve- not activated
2 seq, solenoid - not activated
same goes for 4, 5 and 6 solenoid valves.
cooler flow control solenoid valve- not activated.

Ignition system- coil 4- Value 0.00. I managed to clear the 1 fault in ignition system and it hasnt appeared since.

Then theres a fault with the Multifunction screen which i think is a default because it mentions some equipment my car didnt come with,. audio telematics fault there and a very strange one......Front passenger side Humidity sensor fault. tried clearing this , but no luck.

i'll go look around again tomorrow. In the meantime i think i better source a peugeot front left side abs sensor because that one looks like a mainstay fault.
Peugeot_Russ
My Cars:

Post by Peugeot_Russ »

@Richard W- I got the diagbox running on a mini notebook with windows xp. It works fine and im not going to try to install update7.62 because it corrupts the diagbox. Those updates i have, it supposed to ask for language selection when first opened and then says welcome to diagbox update, but instead it has everything in french and does not ask for any choice of language.
Dave1987

Post by Dave1987 »

what's new of diagbox 7.62? adding new models?
Gibbo_Wirral

Post by Gibbo_Wirral »

Yep, mainly new models (in this case the C3XR) and bug fixes, such as fixing the telecoding issue.
Peugeot Planet Diagnostics: Wirral, Merseyside, Lancashire, Cheshire, North Wales
Dave1987

Post by Dave1987 »

Why V7.62 coding doesn't work ? Always asking for connection to server ? V7.57 works ok
Gibbo_Wirral

Post by Gibbo_Wirral »

Diagbox 8.01 is out now. Not tested it yet though.