Citroen Saxo Vts

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Sam
My Cars:

Citroen Saxo Vts

Post by Sam »

Can anyone help!!!! I have a 1999 Citroen Saxo VTS that is causing me grief [:(!]. It has a bad idle problem to the point where it almost stalls and she idles really lumpy. I have fitted new spark plugs, airfilter, exhaust and stepper motor (idle control valve as some garages call it) and nothing has cleared it up. Any suggestions would be gratefully received
TheWorker
My Cars:

Post by TheWorker »

if you already put a stepper in it then i would have to say its probably the coil pack. do you have spark leads or an all-in-one block?
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Check and clean MAP sensor. Not too sure where it is on the Saxo VTS but it as it's the same engine (I belive) as the the Xsara VTS (1.8 8 valve) then it's on the drivers side on the engine bay. a small unit about the size of a match box with a rubber pipe going in to it . There could be a build up of oil vapour inside. Clean using braks cleaner not carb cleaner as this is a little too harsh. Then let the unit dry out on a radiator over night with some paper towel under it. Re fit as this should help.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

the saxo VTS has a 1.6 16v engine,the MAP sensor will be the completely different one that is bolted straight onto the inlet manifold (r/h side) so there will be no rubber pipe going to it,it should have a 3 pin grey connector on it.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Sorry wheeler's right I was on about the 8 valave unit. The manifold unit is easy to spot. On the drivers side with a grey plug (as mentioned above). Think it's held on by a couple of philips screws.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Stuart McB</i>

Think it's held on by a couple of philips screws.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Nah,just one T-30 screw [:p]
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Argh!!! is ther no end to my foolishness ?
LeFrog
My Cars:

Post by LeFrog »

Sam, does the car drive OK? i.e, is it specifically an idle problem?