CitroJim's AX, C3 Picasso, Cycling and Running Tales
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55047
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8378
Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales
Allegedly, like vinyl records, film photography is enjoying a great resurgence and one of the film makers, Ilford, are booming again...
Black and white seems to be especially popular again...
The reasons are slated as being more or less those that apply to vinyl....
Black and white seems to be especially popular again...
The reasons are slated as being more or less those that apply to vinyl....
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
DickieG
- Monaco's youngest playboy
- Posts: 4878
- Joined: 25 Nov 2006, 09:15
- x 38
Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales
Mad fools, if only due to cost plus the latest DSLR's have the most wonderful autofocus systems able to cover just about every situation imaginable, can't see myself going back to film.CitroJim wrote:Allegedly, like vinyl records, film photography is enjoying a great resurgence and one of the film makers, Ilford, are booming again...
Black and white seems to be especially popular again...
The reasons are slated as being more or less those that apply to vinyl....
25 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
23 BMW iX3 M Sport Pro
23 Jeep Avenger
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
23 BMW iX3 M Sport Pro
23 Jeep Avenger
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55047
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8378
Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales
I do tend to agree Richard, it's a bit like all the faff involved in playing a vinyl record against playing a CD or MP3...
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
Stickyfinger
- (Donor 2016)
- Posts: 11822
- Joined: 28 Mar 2013, 21:05
- x 2000
Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales
DSLR....we could not do our Tank Restoration/Record books if we had to use film.......the thought of that is a nightmare !
I use a Nikon D90, the lens mounted anti-shake system is fantastic, and as many shots are hand held, deep inside on a stretched arm, the dslr is endlessly saving time and re-shooting. Believe me, you only want to move a 60.year old lump of steel coming in at 45 tonnes ONLY ONCE.
I use a Nikon D90, the lens mounted anti-shake system is fantastic, and as many shots are hand held, deep inside on a stretched arm, the dslr is endlessly saving time and re-shooting. Believe me, you only want to move a 60.year old lump of steel coming in at 45 tonnes ONLY ONCE.
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Dodger
Activa, the Moose Dodger
-
Northern_Mike
Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales
Yes and nowhere near as good sound quality as a CD. I don't believe all that audio "ambience" nonsense touted by the Vinyl lovers. Digital is better quality. End of. Some music might "feel" right on vinyl - early Beatles or Bill Hayley for example, but it's not better sound quality. It's like listening to Test match special on DAB. It's wrong. TMS should only be listened to on long wave, with the requisite pops, crackles and hiss of LW.CitroJim wrote:I do tend to agree Richard, it's a bit like all the faff involved in playing a vinyl record against playing a CD or MP3...
As for digital cameras. Well. My mum has about 60 photos of us when we were kids, sad really. There's a lot more could have been taken if film and developing weren't so expensive then. I've got thousands of my kids which they'll be able to cringe at in the future..
Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
-
DickieG
- Monaco's youngest playboy
- Posts: 4878
- Joined: 25 Nov 2006, 09:15
- x 38
Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales
Nikon? I thought tanks used Canons.Stickyfinger wrote:DSLR....we could not do our Tank Restoration/Record books if we had to use film.......the thought of that is a nightmare !
I use a Nikon D90, the lens mounted anti-shake system is fantastic, and as many shots are hand held, deep inside on a stretched arm, the dslr is endlessly saving time and re-shooting. Believe me, you only want to move a 60.year old lump of steel coming in at 45 tonnes ONLY ONCE.
25 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
23 BMW iX3 M Sport Pro
23 Jeep Avenger
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
23 BMW iX3 M Sport Pro
23 Jeep Avenger
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
-
myglaren
- Forum Admin Team
- Posts: 28676
- Joined: 02 Mar 2008, 13:30
- x 5673
Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales
My daughter in law has all my film cameras. She loves them. Her dad gave her his vintage Leica but she's scared to use it so is learning with my Olympus OM cameras.
Getting good too, although her mother is a semi famous photographer and her dad a videographer.
Getting good too, although her mother is a semi famous photographer and her dad a videographer.
-
citronut
- Posts: 10937
- Joined: 29 Apr 2005, 00:46
- x 94
Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales
DickieG wrote: Nikon? I thought tanks used Canons.
Regards, malcolm.
current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
-
citronut
- Posts: 10937
- Joined: 29 Apr 2005, 00:46
- x 94
Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales
i have an OM10 QUARTS collecting dust somewheremyglaren wrote: so is learning with my Olympus OM cameras.
Regards, malcolm.
current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
-
Stickyfinger
- (Donor 2016)
- Posts: 11822
- Joined: 28 Mar 2013, 21:05
- x 2000
Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales
LOL....BOOM BOOM !citronut wrote:DickieG wrote: Nikon? I thought tanks used Canons.:missile:
![]()
![]()
![]()
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Dodger
Activa, the Moose Dodger
-
Zelandeth
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5303
- Joined: 16 Nov 2014, 23:36
- x 1593
Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales
Have to confess to the fact that I do still play around with film now and then, but just for fun really. Still use digital for my day to day stuff. The quality from even basic cameras these days is mind boggling, the one on my phone produces shots which are perfectly acceptable under most circumstances.
On the film side of things I'm usually messing around with oddball film types (ISO3200 black and white for instance) or with my old Halina 110. Glad to hear that Ilford are doing okay, had often wondered when ordering film if each one would be the last. It's just a bit of fun really, though I do wish I had a transparency scanner!
On the film side of things I'm usually messing around with oddball film types (ISO3200 black and white for instance) or with my old Halina 110. Glad to hear that Ilford are doing okay, had often wondered when ordering film if each one would be the last. It's just a bit of fun really, though I do wish I had a transparency scanner!
Current fleet:
07 Volvo V70 SE D5, 85 Sinclair C5, 84 Trabant 601S, 73 AC Model 70, 62 Rover 110.
07 Volvo V70 SE D5, 85 Sinclair C5, 84 Trabant 601S, 73 AC Model 70, 62 Rover 110.
-
myglaren
- Forum Admin Team
- Posts: 28676
- Joined: 02 Mar 2008, 13:30
- x 5673
Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales
Same here, must see Santa about that.Zelandeth wrote:I do wish I had a transparency scanner!
I have thousands of transparencies (I had free film and processing for 25 years) that could do with scanning.
Had an email from Hasselblad about their new scanners. Maybe when I win the lottery
-
Xantianut
- Posts: 875
- Joined: 07 Aug 2012, 19:50
- x 124
Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales
Must admit I do prefer film. The colours are better and the definition is higher.
However, I have reluctantly "Gone Digital." My old Prakticas are long worn out although there is still many years life left in the Canon AE-1.
However, I have reluctantly "Gone Digital." My old Prakticas are long worn out although there is still many years life left in the Canon AE-1.
C5 HDi 110 SX (Fifi 7 or Otterchops)
RIP
Citroen Xantia 1.8i LX (Fifi 6)
BX16TRS (x2) (Fifi 4 and 5)
BX19DTR (Fifi 2)
BX14E (x2) (Fifi 1 and 3)
RIP
Citroen Xantia 1.8i LX (Fifi 6)
BX16TRS (x2) (Fifi 4 and 5)
BX19DTR (Fifi 2)
BX14E (x2) (Fifi 1 and 3)
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55047
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8378
Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales
For me it's academic anyway. I'm the world's most rubbish photographer...
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
Zelandeth
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5303
- Joined: 16 Nov 2014, 23:36
- x 1593
Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales
Meant to mention in the last post for those who know their photographic equipment, the tools of the trade for my mad film meddling are a Konica Autoreflex T3 for the 35mm, and an utterly basic Halina Flashmatic 110 point and shoot for the 110. I've also got a Pentax Auto 110 SLR set with a plethora of lenses that I've never really got around to playing around with too much yet. Really should do at some point, especially as I got a fair few rolls of film for those two last year.
Especially wanting to do a photoshoot of the Saab, C5 and Skoda with one of the 110s as the image characteristics will do a great deal towards making them look like photos from the 80s - I know I could probably do that in software, but where's the fun in that?
Especially wanting to do a photoshoot of the Saab, C5 and Skoda with one of the 110s as the image characteristics will do a great deal towards making them look like photos from the 80s - I know I could probably do that in software, but where's the fun in that?
Last edited by Zelandeth on 27 Apr 2015, 17:16, edited 1 time in total.
Current fleet:
07 Volvo V70 SE D5, 85 Sinclair C5, 84 Trabant 601S, 73 AC Model 70, 62 Rover 110.
07 Volvo V70 SE D5, 85 Sinclair C5, 84 Trabant 601S, 73 AC Model 70, 62 Rover 110.