MotoGP

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Northern_Mike

MotoGP

Post by Northern_Mike »

In case any of you are into Motorcycle racing - the MotoGP race yesterday from Argentina is *well* worth a watch. Highlights on ITV4 at 10pm tonight (TV and ITV's website).

Such a shame the BBC let it go to BTSport channel. I refuse to pay Sky or VM for the channel as it's the only thing worth watching on there! Ended up watching a bad stream last night when it was live. Race is only 44 min long, so it easily fits into ITV's highlight's hour..
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Re: MotoGP

Post by MikeT »

Very dissapointed the live coverage is now PPV and like you, found it online but quality was so poor, I decided to wait to watch the higher quality "highlights" (breadcrumbs) on ITV instead. Unfortunately, my settopbox recorder is acting up and failed to record it Monday but it was repeated Tues and my box worked for that.

Primed by your OP, I was wondering if some "northern" geezer (crutchlow) may have excelled himself.

For what it's worth, I'm a big fan of Rossi since his 125 days when his tenancity and love of racing caught my eye back then. There's barely a single race I haven't watched (thank you eurosport for your freesat coverage back in the day). What I particularly like about Rossi is how shines when on his back foot, so to speak. He often makes a bad start off the line but as this fuels him to try harder, the racing spectacle this creates keeps me coming back for more.
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

a good race and a promising season for a neutral :)

I tend to record it now (ITV4) and then forward through the ads.. luckily the sport is low key enough not to be mentioned all over news channels after the race.. not the same with F1 and footy..

Where has Ped gone?

Jerez at weekend I think..
John (who is not telling what bike he brought in Scotland 3 days ago ;))
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

jgra1 wrote:a good race and a promising season for a neutral :)

I tend to record it now (ITV4) and then forward through the ads.. luckily the sport is low key enough not to be mentioned all over news channels after the race.. not the same with F1 and footy..

Where has Ped gone?

Jerez at weekend I think..
Ped is off sick again, suffering from the old arm-pump problems again. He had yet more surgery last week, poor guy. Looks like it could be a career-ending problem.

MM broke his little finger in training and had it plated up a couple of days ago too. Sunday could be interesting.

It's sad the sport doesn't really get the exposure it deserves... anyone who has any interest in motorsport whatsoever can't fail to get excited at racing like this..

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - Spanish GP 2009

Rossi is akin to god. Unbelieveable that he keeps reinventing himself and improving , again and again and is still racing at the level he performed at last weekend, as he was back in 2009. I can't think of another sportsman who's managed to do such a thing in the modern era, in motorsport or any other sport.

I was never a massive fan of MotoGP until around 2006 or 7, despite being a biker. I was always an F1 fan.
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

jgra1 wrote: Where has Ped gone?
After struggling to sixth place in the Grand Prix of Qatar, a downbeat Pedrosa revealed the true extent of his plight.

“Well, it is kind of a long story, trying to be quick, basically in this race I had an arm pump issue, which has been there for a whole year,” he told motogp.com.

“I started to have lots of problems here. Last year I struggled in every race, I couldn’t really perform well and my results haven’t been that good due to this fact. I have been trying all of this time to fix it and improve, but it wasn’t easy I couldn’t really get any good answers. I went through one surgery but it wasn’t successful.

“I tried not to talk about it in public, obviously this wasn’t easy, but Honda always knew about it. This winter I was travelling all around the world trying to get different opinions from several doctors. Trying to know if I could have a new surgery in an effort to be ready for the Championship.

Full story here http://www.foxsports.com.au/motor-sport ... 7284154818" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;