Live and learn.......

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

bxbodger
My Cars:

Live and learn.......

Post by bxbodger »

Has anyone seen that Simpsons episode where Homer goes to kill himself, and drags a huge boulder for miles tied to his gut, only to find one already there at the bridge??
I left my sunroof open at the weekend, it poured with rain, and my seat was soaking.
After a couple of days driving around on a binliner and towel, I wrestled with my torx bits in the dark, cursed at the stupid Frenchmen for putting the bolts just under the cushion, finally got the seat out, propped it upside down against the radiator, and spotted the two clips and rubber bands holding the base in position[:I][:I][xx(]!!!!!!
Grrrrrrrr.....who would have thought Citroen would make it so simple........
bikeboyz
My Cars:

Post by bikeboyz »

not seen the Simsons, but the Rugrats drive around in an animated Citroen DS....Cool!
ghostrider
My Cars:

Post by ghostrider »

Hey I never found it made much difference whether my sun roof was open or not [:D] [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D], thinking of that seat squab reminds me of my mate who had spent days hanging upside down over the passenger seat trying to do some checks on the ABS unit under the seat. I think to use my daughter's current phrase I became his "un-friend" when I unclipped the squab giving instant access. [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
Pete
________
Alaska medical marijuana dispensaries
Last edited by ghostrider on 22 Feb 2011, 05:56, edited 1 time in total.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Sorry for the stupid question but why did you have the sunroof open? By October 30th I never open the sunroof untill March at the earliest.
PS for future reference will the radiator give enough heat to dry the seat out?
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

It was a nice day!!!! Before the advent of kids, mortgages, etc, I used to like convertibles, and there's nothing better than a crisp autumn day with the top down and the heater on full blast!! I used to keep the top up in the summer during the day beacause it got to hot with the sun roasting you while you sat in a metal pit on , usually, vinyl seats...
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">PS for future reference will the radiator give enough heat to dry the seat out?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I meant the central heating one in the house...........
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Stuart McB</i>

By October 30th I never open the sunroof untill March at the earliest.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Ohhhh, I dont know. Im one of lifes bizzare creatures. I like my toes toasty and warm and my face in the breeze, so even now i tend to have the heater on full wap and my sunroof open (just a bit) to cool my face and head.[:p]
I have been known to do this when its been snowing too (though not in the rain - for that the passenger window gets wound down) Which is probably why i miss my Maestro (face level fresh air vents - lovely) and why im non to keen on the Air con in the Xantia (no sunshine roof) as i just cant get teh temprature right for me.[^]