02. 110bhp LX C5 price?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.
boristhespie
Posts: 938
Joined: 07 May 2009, 19:51
x 4

02. 110bhp LX C5 price?

Unread post by boristhespie »

Looking to possible sell my 02 C5 LX 110bhp which has done around 120,000miles.

Not sure what to ask for it? Any ideas?
C'est pas possible!
User avatar
SaabC5
Posts: 765
Joined: 01 Aug 2011, 23:18
x 1

Re: 02. 110bhp LX C5 price?

Unread post by SaabC5 »

Books for trade at £200. Put it on Gumtree at £450 and take any offer over £350. Really poor residuals i'm afraid.
09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive in Perla Nera black (the best colour) :wink:
Online
User avatar
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 28713
Joined: 02 Mar 2008, 13:30
x 5672

Re: 02. 110bhp LX C5 price?

Unread post by myglaren »

I would also put it at approximately £350 - you may get more in Scotland, but then again :roll:

I think mine is worth about tuppence.
Northern_Mike

Re: 02. 110bhp LX C5 price?

Unread post by Northern_Mike »

Well, I got £450 for one with 170k on it a few months ago so... it had a good history, MOT until August and a clean interior. I'd say £450 us a fair price if it all works and has decent length of MOT

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
boristhespie
Posts: 938
Joined: 07 May 2009, 19:51
x 4

Re: 02. 110bhp LX C5 price?

Unread post by boristhespie »

Ooooo. Lot less than I thoight. Spent more than that on last service. Ouch!
C'est pas possible!
User avatar
chinkostu
Posts: 1180
Joined: 24 Sep 2014, 09:41
x 30

Re: 02. 110bhp LX C5 price?

Unread post by chinkostu »

you'll find the bottoms fallen out of the market. Xantias are dirt cheap at the moment too, although similar yeared peugeots aren't fareing too badly (lots of 406 rapiers asking for >£500 with high mileage)

why not keep it? if you've just spent a lot on it you may as well get a good run out of her!
Stu

Cars
1995 Xantia 1.9TD SX in (faded) Red
2003 Fiesta 1.4 Zetec in GREEEEEEEN
2001 206 1.9 LX
2001 Saxo VTR
1999 Saxo 1.1 East coast
1999 Punto :oops:
1996 306 1.8 XN Auto :?
1996 Fiesta 1.3 #-o
boristhespie
Posts: 938
Joined: 07 May 2009, 19:51
x 4

Re: 02. 110bhp LX C5 price?

Unread post by boristhespie »

Just spent around £1200 on fixing and servicing newer c5 and insurance is near 450 for the two so. Just thought. That was the plan. To run this daily and keep the other for journeys and weekends but aint worked out like that.
C'est pas possible!
THELABMAN
Posts: 197
Joined: 07 Jun 2005, 00:50

Re: 02. 110bhp LX C5 price?

Unread post by THELABMAN »

I remember with my last Xantia I couldn't even get anyone to take it as a trade in as they'd only be putting it through the market and was told to either sell it myself privately or put it through the market so I'd get the cash and without a trade n maybe something off the car I was looking at ..... I can honestly see the C5 going the same way.
Citroen C5 2.0 HDI SX Hatchback - 2002 (52)
Xantia Sensation 1.9TD (T) Mallard Green (Gone to the breakers)
hamster99
Posts: 264
Joined: 21 Jun 2009, 15:20
x 1

Re: 02. 110bhp LX C5 price?

Unread post by hamster99 »

These days, older and high mileage C5's are worth more as individual spares rather than complete runners. One of the reasons I kept my old one and am currently stripping useful stuff off it.

Over the last two years I have removed parts and reused on my other C5, or in one case my wife's C3 (yaw sensor - £400!!) stuff which would have cost me nearly £1000, even from breakers yards.

I now have the xenon headlights, starter motor, alternator, comms 2000, electric windows, switches etc etc, all in boxes ready to be used as and when they fail on my other one.

Luckily I have the space on my drive.
22 C4 1.6 eHDI Shine Plus
67 RR Autobiography 4.4 SDV8
15 C4 1.6 eHDI 115 Exclusive - fond memories
12 RR Westminster 4.4 TDV8 - Gentleman's Club on wheels
05 C5 2.0 HDI 138 Exclusive - gone but not forgotten
05 C5 2.0 HDI 138 VTR - crushed May 2015
User avatar
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Posts: 11836
Joined: 28 Mar 2013, 21:05
x 1996

Re: 02. 110bhp LX C5 price?

Unread post by Stickyfinger »

Totally agree....if you have space these days a spares car is worth a lot, not only as you see above as in saving loads but you also save a load of time and gas going to get parts. I would think it is even worth renting a really cheap lock-up near by....no one will break in and steal it after all :)
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Dodger