Xsara reigns supreme.

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Stuart McB
My Cars:

Xsara reigns supreme.

Post by Stuart McB »

Have been on Holiday and noticed that on the island of Majorca the humble Xsara is the Citroen of choice. Now I know that on the site we Xsara drivers get a little bit of ribbing about how the ZX was, and is a better car even though they are the same car underneath. As I say the Xsara was seen all over the place where the ZX could be counted on 1 hand. Funny thing the ZX's I did see all had the rear parcel shelf cords hanging out the rear hatch [:)] All so seen but unable to get a picture of was a break down truck out side of a brand new Citroen dealer just out side of Inca town. Just made me laugh but I I think you had to be there to a ppreciate it.
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

The same in Spain. Thousands of Xsaras and Saxos - hardly any Xantias. Have often wondered why.
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Dunno - mate of mine has a bar in Madrid - got a staggeringly good deal on a new Xant (with air con of course).
I think even Steve was surprised how cheap the car was, seems the dealers cant shift them?
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

I did however see a couple of XM'x being used in some fields, one was towing what could be descrided as a medium sized tractor the other (an estate) was being driven with the tail door open and several persons in the back hanging out. Both over heavy ploughed land.