Davie's french attraction.
-
daviemck2006
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5033
- Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
- x 496
Re: Davie's french attraction.
Just had a phone call from the garage where the fiesta is at. It goes again! It is due an Mot on 5th May, the garage is a test station so it can get a test, come home and cleaned to within an inch of its life and then sold. That's twice now I have got rid of a c5 and it's replacement been a fiesta, and the fifth fiesta I have owned. Three have been ok, two have been crap. Guess which two were crap? The ones which replaced c5's. If I ever buy another c5, please, please remind me NOT to get another fiesta, in fact another Ford. Just had a good run in the 206 and given it a good look over, albeit not underneath it, and it is in better condition, drives better, and is more comfortable than the fiesta which is 4 years newer. So for now the 206 stays and fiesta goes. The oil leak on the 206 does look to be from the HG, at the cambelt end. It's running perfectly, the debate is do I run as it is in fix it? Presumably the leak will only get worse?. There is also a clonk from front right occasionally, chief suspect would be drop link I would think.
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
-
Northern_Mike
Re: Davie's french attraction.
My advice for what it's worth (i.e. 2/3rds of sweet FA) would be to get it fixed. They're a nice little motor with a nice economical little engine, and you're probably going to end up liking it as the ride, from what I remember is pretty soft and back-ache friendly too, even if the seats aren't the best. If the rest of it is solid, for a few bob you could probably find an interior in VGC from a more luxurious model and have a lovely little runabout.daviemck2006 wrote:Just had a phone call from the garage where the fiesta is at. It goes again! It is due an Mot on 5th May, the garage is a test station so it can get a test, come home and cleaned to within an inch of its life and then sold. That's twice now I have got rid of a c5 and it's replacement been a fiesta, and the fifth fiesta I have owned. Three have been ok, two have been crap. Guess which two were crap? The ones which replaced c5's. If I ever buy another c5, please, please remind me NOT to get another fiesta, in fact another Ford. Just had a good run in the 206 and given it a good look over, albeit not underneath it, and it is in better condition, drives better, and is more comfortable than the fiesta which is 4 years newer. So for now the 206 stays and fiesta goes. The oil leak on the 206 does look to be from the HG, at the cambelt end. It's running perfectly, the debate is do I run as it is in fix it? Presumably the leak will only get worse?. There is also a clonk from front right occasionally, chief suspect would be drop link I would think.
I've never owned a 206. There's one for next year then
-
daviemck2006
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5033
- Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
- x 496
Re: Davie's french attraction.
My ex had a 55 plate 1.4 16v sport 206 a few years ago. It was 3 years old when we bought it. It had sports seats and big wheels with low profiles and upgraded suspension. It was horrible. Very uncomfortable. The normal LX trim is comfier seats and comfier ride. It's like a different car. For the 200 quid outlay I can't go wrong really. It's not worn inside at all, could just be doing with a go with the shampooer
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
-
daviemck2006
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5033
- Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
- x 496
Re: Davie's french attraction.
After a week with the 206 I've decided it is a good example. Everything works that should, there's a clonking from the front which is its only fault. I'm going to do the crusty bit on the bonnet and the one wheelarch then it will get a big clean. It's an ok car, but not a keeper. The garage that has the fiesta now have it going, it has a new wiring loom for the engine. It's getting a fresh mot next week then a quick clean and sold. I have no faith in it. Once it sells I will look for something else, hopefully with a 1.9 td xud engine. I don't do many miles now and fancy something from the 80's or 90's
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
-
Northern_Mike
Re: Davie's french attraction.
You won't once you've spent a week in something from that era after having had the C4, C5 and even the 206..daviemck2006 wrote: I don't do many miles now and fancy something from the 80's or 90's
-
bxzx16v
- Posts: 1697
- Joined: 29 May 2011, 22:11
- x 35
Re: Davie's french attraction.
^^^
^^^.
Mark
Mark
2009 Landrover Freelander 2 TD4se (killed an Audi) , sadly now gone .
2012 Landrover Freelander 2 SD4 AUTO Love it . Now gone .
2014 Ford Bmax 1.0 Ecoboost Zetec . Fantastic little machine .Gone now.
2014 Ford Focus 2.0 Tdci Zetec S with the French heart.
2012 Landrover Freelander 2 SD4 AUTO Love it . Now gone .
2014 Ford Bmax 1.0 Ecoboost Zetec . Fantastic little machine .Gone now.
2014 Ford Focus 2.0 Tdci Zetec S with the French heart.
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55058
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8385
Re: Davie's french attraction.
I tend to agree with you Mike. Cars from that era now are best enjoyed as weekend fun and not as daily drivers...
Even running something as basic as my C1 tells me that. New cars are pretty much stress-free...
Davie, no faith in a car is an excellent reason to get rid. Anything I loose faith in is sent packing, not just cars... Again, it's all about stress...
Even running something as basic as my C1 tells me that. New cars are pretty much stress-free...
Davie, no faith in a car is an excellent reason to get rid. Anything I loose faith in is sent packing, not just cars... Again, it's all about stress...
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
daviemck2006
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5033
- Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
- x 496
Re: Davie's french attraction.
I need no stress. And Shaun's 205 should put me off an 80's car. They have the engine out and gearbox off. Have ordered a clutch, timing belt kit and water pump kit for it. Someone has changed the injection for a single car on the engine they bought, so that needs changing too. Had that been a daily it would be causing untold stress. It's also unlucky that it and the fiesta broke at the same time. I don't know what to do really. Since I bumped the c5 things have gone toes up. Money reserves are at an all time low, divorce and near 3 years on benefits have seen to that, can't afford a decent car now. The 206 does nothing for me, the ex's 55 plate sport didn't either when it was 3 years old. The only thing I have to say about it is its a car.
I may also need another operation on my back. To be honest that's bothering me more than anything else. I have no faith in it, i'm just wondering how I can replace it,,,,,,,, Any ideas?
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
I may also need another operation on my back. To be honest that's bothering me more than anything else. I have no faith in it, i'm just wondering how I can replace it,,,,,,,, Any ideas?
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
-
Hell Razor5543
- (Donor 2023)
- Posts: 14307
- Joined: 01 Apr 2012, 09:47
- x 3306
Re: Davie's french attraction.
Hurry up medical scientists, and get a decent functional exoskeleton working. Daviemck2006 needs it in a hurry!
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
-
daviemck2006
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5033
- Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
- x 496
Re: Davie's french attraction.
When the surgeon told me if it was a knee or a hip it would get replaced, but they can't replace a bit of spine, I asked if that was yet. His reply was yes, that's yet. I did offer to be a guinea pig in the name of medical research.
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
-
Stickyfinger
- (Donor 2016)
- Posts: 11827
- Joined: 28 Mar 2013, 21:05
- x 2001
Re: Davie's french attraction.
May I ask, muscular, cartilage or skeletal ? and what position is the pain.
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Dodger
Activa, the Moose Dodger
-
Northern_Mike
Re: Davie's french attraction.
I'm going to rudely hijack Davie's blog for one post and ask if you can suggest anything to help torn paraspinal muscles. .
Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
-
Stickyfinger
- (Donor 2016)
- Posts: 11827
- Joined: 28 Mar 2013, 21:05
- x 2001
Re: Davie's french attraction.
YES there is...that WAS my problem from an old HighJump (before mats) injury and too much water skiing.....
PM sent
PM sent
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Dodger
Activa, the Moose Dodger
-
daviemck2006
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5033
- Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
- x 496
Re: Davie's french attraction.
That's nae problem hijacking my blog Mike. My problems are skeletal. My back is slowly disintegrating, I believe it's called spondylitis. As I move about my spinal joints move trapping the nerves sending bolts of pain up my back and down my legs. The spinal stimulator that I have in is supposed to electrically block the pain signals to my brain. It doesn't seem to be working as it should, and now, 6 months later the wound has opened up and became infected. We hope penicillin clears the infection so the docs can figure out what has gone wrong. It seems I may need another op. For someone who has had a breakdown, my head not the car, this is playing on me and it's really not a good time.
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
-
lexi
- (Donor 2020)
- Posts: 2803
- Joined: 17 Apr 2008, 17:51
- x 134
Re: Davie's french attraction.
Ah Dave.....sorry to hear about this. Are you back on the painkillers then? I have a mate with similar. Two cages built in the spine, still works, but shouldn't be working. No feeling in one leg, which is coming from spine of course. About 50, same as you?
The possible ops are a downer of course. However, an op might help you if they come up with something? When things like that aint good it paints the rest the same colour. Stay in touch on forum.
The possible ops are a downer of course. However, an op might help you if they come up with something? When things like that aint good it paints the rest the same colour. Stay in touch on forum.
Citroen C5 1.6 HDI 110bhp Estate 06 plate
French Mistresses gone.
Citroen C5 HDI Mk 1 hatchback
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2
French Mistresses gone.
Citroen C5 HDI Mk 1 hatchback
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2