Pickled Egg Jukebox-Your Selections

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

NewcastleFalcon

Re: "The Pickled Egg"-Help needed-more jukebox singles pleas

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Sticky latest selections loaded, Mike-selected Run to the hills with your choice for a double Iron Maiden, and "liquid lunch" from Caro Emerald to double up with your selection if only for the name, which does remind me of my student days again!

And just for a bit of contrast steve a nice bit of pop with your latest offering-stuck up Eddie and the Hot Rods-Do anything you want to do"

regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

NewcastleFalcon wrote: I would like at least a couple of tracks from Carlos Santana when I get round to it, Led Zep haven't made an appearance yet, and not a hint of disco, rap, electronica, mowtown, soul, funk to mention although I can think of some good examples. No jimmy shand either...a good juke box tune should cause a stirring amongst the assembled punters, and a bit of toe tapping, singing along, head nodding, synchronous supping, foot stomping (come on someone suggest the Brothers Johnson) and in exceptional circumstances even a bit of dancing :-D
Nearly 100 now of the 200 available

Just to literally get the punters "stomping" here's the Brothers Johnson

regards Neil
Last edited by NewcastleFalcon on 30 Mar 2015, 16:10, edited 2 times in total.
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Here's my all time favourite Santana track, has some very pleasant memories:

And one from the person he wants to 'pick up the baton' from him when he packs it in.
There are some YT clips of them together along with Paul Reed Smith. A bit shambolic though.

From her first CD that she made all by herself. Wrote it, played all the instruments and recorded/produced it.
Her school friends did the art work and ran the website I bought it from.

Greek name but she is Australian. Orianthi Panagiris.
Touring with Dave Stewart currently.
Was to be Michael Jackson's replacement for Slash but he left the stage prematurely.

If you want better quality audio I have all the CDs for posted clips apart from "Say Something" that isn't on CD and "Everytime" which was on her first CD, made at the age of eight and withdrawn when she was 10 due to her considerable improvement. Now changes hands for £800-£1,000 a time.
NewcastleFalcon

Well when this comes on the PE Jukebox, I would be very surprised if it didn't stir a few involuntary movements amongst the punters.

Of it Genre, club classics, its just that. In Deep-Last Night a DJ Saved my life.

Oh..and I've slipped in Kool and the Gang-"Get down on it" as its virtual B-Side should the Pickled Egg customers wish to Get Down On it after their 5th pint.

regards Neil

Ive also backed Samba Pa Ti with this. I would need a large wing backed armchair by the log fire and the rest of the pub to shut their gobs for 5 minutes while I stare reflectively into the burning embers and just let myself be be taken away by the music. ...and I would have to engineer the PE Jukebox to play these two selections one after the other.

Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Ooops.
Previously:
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: "The Pickled Egg"-Landmark 99&100th Selection needed!

Post by myglaren »

No collection would be complete without some Patti Smith.
There is so much that is is very difficult to select just a couple.
However:

And

Patti was another one I saw at The Sage, she was incredible and almost organised a riot.
Very warm and friendly to the audience. Her son Jackson was with her in the band as well as the fabulous Lenny Kaye

myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Ooops.
Previously:
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Lenny Kaye was also playing for Heather Nova. My youngest daughter and I went to Brum to see her and as I picked her up from work the heater matrix in the Xantia let go and flooded the footwell with boiling water :(
Had to make the trip in a clapped out Mini Cooper.

The cello absolutely makes this song!

Lovely girl, very down to earth. Interesting history.
NewcastleFalcon

Well Steve you booked selection number 100 and it turns out to be Patty Smith with "Kimberly"

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Ooops.
Previously:
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

NewcastleFalcon wrote:Well Steve you booked selection number 100 and it turns out to be Patty Smith with "Kimberly"

Regards Neil
:)

Here's someone you might recognise. The last one won't be what you might expect.

myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Ooops.
Previously:
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: "The Pickled Egg"-post your top tracks for PE Jukie

Post by myglaren »

Another one from The Sage - Imogen Heap.
Absolutely crackers but an amazing musician.

And Joss Stone at the same gig.

Tal Wilkenfeld on bass.
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

A couple of favourites of mine from Shakira. One before she got too well known and went all blonde..

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (with a dodgy translation of the lyrics!)

And this one, called "Inevitable"... in Spanish, sorry..

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Northern_Mike on 30 Mar 2015, 23:10, edited 2 times in total.
NewcastleFalcon

Its probably time to clear up some glaring omissions from the first 100 selections

First without further ado Led Zep. If you limit yourself to 2 suggestions for me it would be Rock and Roll only 3m 41 secs it really is the perfect juke box track just the sort of thing to wake up the punters, and Trampled underfoot...a relentless rhythm thats gets more infectious as the track progresses.

regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Call me a heathen, but I can't stand Led Zep. Just never, ever did it for me. People even bought me box sets in the past and I still didn't , and don't "get" it.. Skynyrd had way more talent.

As for glaring omissions - Guns'n'Roses Sweet Child O' Mine has to be on any Jukebox in the world..

Probably need some Skynyrd on there too, but everyone seems to only know Sweet Home Alabama, They Call me the Breeze and Free Bird.. I'd prefer something a little more obscure like Saturday night Special or Gimme Three Steps

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (this video encompasses everything that was good and bad about 70s Rock!)

I'm surprised no one's mentioned Slade, another of my favourites. I'll leave it up to someone else to choose one of theirs..
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Northern_Mike wrote:
I'm surprised no one's mentioned Slade, another of my favourites. I'll leave it up to someone else to choose one of theirs..
Good thinking...

Mama Weer All Crazee Now

:twisted:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

nice choice Jim. If a footstomping and hand clapping reaction from the assembled throng when the selection clicks in on the wurlitzer is desired then rather than the proper b-side i put forward "get down and get with it" their breakthrough hit.

regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Ooops.
Previously:
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Northern_Mike wrote:A couple of favourites of mine from popular Colombian singer who sings such things as "Whenever wherever" and "Hips don't lie" and has a nice bottom. One before she got too well known and went all blonde..

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (with a dodgy translation of the lyrics!)

And this one, called "Inevitable"... in Spanish, sorry..

This one by her floored me first time I saw it.

Takes a minute to get going.