Top gear

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Northern_Mike

Re: Top gear

Post by Northern_Mike »

That was revealed by a newspaper which I won't name for fear of being branded a lefty PC type, at least 2 days ago..

Vorsprung berk Technik
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I personally have no issues with the opinions of others, provided that they accept that I also have opinions, and these may differ from theirs. However, if JC DID report himself to the BBC, whatever else you might say about him, this would suggest he is an honourable person, and we need more of them.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

It would also suggest he did it before anyone else could....

Vorsprung berk Technik
lexi
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by lexi »

This is News. On everyone'ss lips. Outrage, discussion everywhere. Implications, standards etc etc.
This is why I don't subscribe to any News or mainstream media, TV or other. The overwhelming Narrative by journalists about all that is supposed to be important, but is merely fodder for sale.
Citroen C5 1.6 HDI 110bhp Estate 06 plate

French Mistresses gone.
Citroen C5 HDI Mk 1 hatchback
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

OK, so Top Gear isn't on this evening (oh, and neither is The 15 Billion Pound Railway; that has been replace with something from Comic Relief), but they replaced it with The Red Arrows, Inside the Bubble. I have seen this before, and I enjoyed it. You get to see behind the scenes of the team.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

lexi wrote:This is News. On everyone'ss lips. Outrage, discussion everywhere. Implications, standards etc etc.
This is why I don't subscribe to any News or mainstream media, TV or other. The overwhelming Narrative by journalists about all that is supposed to be important, but is merely fodder for sale.
This is precisely as I see it (and many other so-called "news" stories). It seems real journalism is being overtaken by "media" entertainment sales.
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

It's been that way for an awfully long time.

The real shame is how nobody's picked the fact of "gonzo" journalism being (by comparison) far more learned and diligent than everyday contemporary guff. Somewhere in the last thirty years, we have been subtly overtaken by our own stupidity.

Clacker's had a good run, surely he no longer needs the money. He could put his time into mentoring, into fostering good deeds and learning to accept things gracefully.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Hell Razor5543 wrote:The Red Arrows, Inside the Bubble. I have seen this before, and I enjoyed it. You get to see behind the scenes of the team.
I'll be giving this a go..

Perhaps Jeremy will now concentrate on making serious (-ly good) documentaries. We know he can because he has....

I recall his piece on the end of TVR and a tour of the then derelict factory on a TG many moons ago was perhaps in my book, the highlight of all on TG... The very best bit ever.

His documentary on the Allied attack on the Saint-Nazaire submarine base in WW2 was perhaps the best documentary I have ever seen.

I'd be delighted to see him in such a role...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

I'm having an issue , not with Clarkson himself, but those "personalities" coming out in favour of him.. Katie Hopkins, David Cameron and AA Gill to name a few <vomit>

I subscribe to James May's thinking on Clarkson - "I've said many times before that the man is a knob, but I quite like him"..

Vorsprung berk Technik
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I do agree that JC is a likable prat (well, some people like him), but at times he winds me up (the latter part of the recent Peugeot article on TG had me switching channels). However, when he gets down to some serious business he appears to have the ability to do a decent job of it. The bits he did on the Victoria Cross and on I.K. Brunel come to my mind. However, on TG he is allowed to play, and boy does he ever.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

James, I've not seen his piece on IK Brunel... Can you give me any more details so that I might find it on the BBC I-Player perhaps?

Brunel was my childhood hero and he remains a hero of mine to this day....

Just imagine if his 7' railway gauge had prevailed. We'd have trains knocking along at 500mph by now...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Thanks Steve!
Jim

myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

:mrgreen:
myglaren