Top gear

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Re: Top gear

Post by Deanxm »

Also there is nothing to say the producer on the receiving end wasn't being a complete (-expletive removed-), hitting someone is never right, but it can sometimes make you feel Better, depending on the person.

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Deanxm wrote:but it can sometimes make you feel Better, depending on the person.
It does that for me, every Friday evening and Sunday morning :wink: :)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

CitroJim wrote:JC was no doubt under extreme stress during the filming and when under stress it can take a surprisingly small event to cause a snap with consequences in the heat of the moment that are totally out of normal character. I'm sure JC does not make a habit of lamping people who fail to meet his expectations...

I know this only too well and I also know the urge to land one on the target is very strong indeed under such circumstances.

I've been there, done it, suffered the consequence and therefore I cut the old boy a bit of slack...
You and me both Jim.

The BBC simply need to investigate the matter and act in accordance with it's company policy.

Take away the names for a moment;

You now have a "story" which alleges that one employee lamped another at work.

Half a million people, without knowing the facts, and whether the employee did it or not, seem to think that's ok and he should be reinstated immediately with no investigation and with no thought for the alleged victim - simply so they can go on watching a TV programme.

That's a sad, sad state of affairs and just shows what a selfish, unthinking place this country is becoming.

If JC *is* guilty, I don't think he should be sacked or given a warning. I would like to see him supported by the BBC, and perhaps sent to counselling for stress or to help rid him of the cause of his actions. My employer would do this for me.. Likewise if the producer has issues that led to the fracas, I'd like to see him given the same help and support.

If you have a moment, go and read some of the comments on the BBC news page. They're shocking. I'm ashamed to the same nationality of some of the cretins posting - on both sides of the argument! We have the right-tards "it's political correctness gone mad, reinstate him immediately" on one side, and the mung-bean eating, tree-hugging leftyist cyclists "Clarkson must be hung, drawn and quartered , he's a racist petrol drinking planet poisoning moron" on the other....

The amusing bit is that not one them realises they are just as bigoted in their views as those on the opposing side...
Last edited by Northern_Mike on 12 Mar 2015, 17:33, edited 1 time in total.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Mike, I totally agree with all of that...

I've not read the specific BBC HYS comments on this particular story as I gave up reading them ages ago, feeling exactly the same as you...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Post by bobins »

I wonder if any other producers have now summoned up the courage to say "Actually, he tried to wallop me as well....." ? Part of the investigation will no doubt involve looking for previous 'incidents'. If more come to light, will the half million sheep still be arguing for his reinstatement then ?
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Post by daviemck2006 »

No one really knows what happened and should shut up about it really. Whatever happened it should be investigated and as mike says both parties offered help to deal with it or whatever. Unless it was a straightforward "I don't like you" WHACK. Usually there are faults on both sides. There was when myself and a supervisor had issues at work and it got out of hand. Some could have said I was wrong, some her, but in reality we both were. We were both seen a few times by someone in the HR department who helped us resolve our differences instead of having a witch hunt. I was suspended but that was just to keep us apart until things got sorted out, and none of us got any warnings of any kind. That is how the BBC should be doing it just now.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

Legally they cannot if an accusation of assault has been made. The legal HR people will let this get out of hand with the PC approach they will take, we are about to see how totally stupid the BBC is....watch this space, they WILL @@@@ it up.
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Stickyfinger wrote:Legally they cannot if an accusation of assault has been made. The legal HR people will let this get out of hand with the PC approach they will take, we are about to see how totally stupid the BBC is....watch this space, they WILL @@@@ it up.
Why? Because they take care of their employees?
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Post by daviemck2006 »

I got what I think was a worse allegation from a supervisor who was picking on me. She claimed I drove a bus straight at her at high speed with the intention of scaring her, injuring her or worse and she felt the wind of the bus on her face as i went past. This was after I had made several complaints about her picking on me. The "incident" happened right under a cctv camera, and at the exit barrier of the car park which had to read the numberplate and then lift the barrier. You had to stop at the barrier or else knock it off. She had just had another pick at me then was away to empty the machine. We drove past the person emptying the machines all the time. She did not make her allegation until I had made my official complaint to the boss the next day. Funnily enough the camera concerned was suddenly not working. She felt the wind of the bus passing? It was pissing rain and about a 50 mph stormy night which could have been proved by the airports control tower. I ended up being the bad one and the rest of my workmates shunned me when I returned to work. I got another job within a month. I'm just posting this to show how the truth can be hidden by a big enough and corrupt enough company of which APCOA were and the BBC certainly were. I would suspect that even if JC is reinstated then he will walk anyway.

Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
In the family
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

The_Hairdresser wrote:
Stickyfinger wrote:Legally they cannot if an accusation of assault has been made. The legal HR people will let this get out of hand with the PC approach they will take, we are about to see how totally stupid the BBC is....watch this space, they WILL @@@@ it up.
Why? Because they take care of their employees?
The producer who was allegedly hit (although now its coming out that no punches were thrown) did not make a complaint though...........
I think the reason this free clarkson thing is gathering pace is that people seem to understand that the top gear crew, all of whom have worked together travelling the world for many years and living in each others pockets most of the time are likely to have bust ups from time to time, it happens. You have to ask yourself why IF nobody has issued a complaint this has been given such attention by the BBC? Seems a bit odd doesnt it?.
like the use of the N word in a nursery rhyme that has the N word in it, I believe clarkson himself edited it out yet someone gathered the edited out footage and put it in the public domain, little bizzar don't you think? If you recited a childhood nursery rhyme among friends who were filming it then said delete that, it will be offensive to someone and then you see it posted on YouTube next week I doubt you would be able to pull off a more convincing apology.

I'm not a right wing fan by the way, nor biased to the left, I do however have a thing for a bit of common sense and fairness, and this just looks a bit odd from where I'm sitting.

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Post by elma »

I don't think they even had a bust up. Topgear are always in the news for something. This is just the mid series marketing scheme, they'll probably double the viewers with the publicity.
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Deanxm wrote: like the use of the N word in a nursery rhyme that has the N word in it, I believe clarkson himself edited it out yet someone gathered the edited out footage and put it in the public domain, little bizzar don't you think? If you recited a childhood nursery rhyme among friends who were filming it
If I recited that amongst my friends, I'd soon find myself without many.
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

daviemck2006 wrote:I got what I think was a worse allegation from a supervisor who was picking on me.
I did actually hurt someone a long time ago, but thankfully it was witnessed and I was simply asked to apologise and given a written warning.
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)

Post by daviemck2006 »

It was strange, or maybe not, that in the time I was suspended I spoke to no one from work apart from the bosses and yet when I returned I was black balled as the bad bastaard who tried to murder a supervisor. That more than anything was what made me get another job. I phoned in sick, and started at airpark instead of the official parking. It was funny 2 days later when my ex boss spotted me in an airpark bus. She came over and suspended me and said I would probably get instant dismissal for gross misconduct. My reply was bring it on but you are too late I quit [emoji15] [emoji4]

Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
In the family
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Well, something new was just revealed by the BBC News. It was JC himself who informed the BBC of the altercation.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!