courtesy of Paul on the CCC forum

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: courtesy of Paul on the CCC forum

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I once said to my Great Aunt that I was giving up on voting. She read me the Riot Act! "People died to give you the freedom of choice! etc., etc.. I don't care WHO you vote for, but you bloody get out and vote!". The only times I have not voted is when circumstances have prevented me from getting to the polling station.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

I will vote for the party that makes sniper rifles legal and gives compulsory training in "MP Spotting"

useless out of touch, unprofessional , under qualified, short sighted, power hungry and mostly self centered @@@@stards who spend their time worrying
if they could possible stretch themselves to do without silver knives and forks to eat their daily Filet Minion in the subsidized restaurant for £2.50 !
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

How can you tell when a politician is lying? His lips are moving! I heard that an East European Parliament had their water supply contaminated with a truth serum. Not a word was spoken in over 6 months. MP Obituary; "Here lies the body of our MP, who promised great things for you and me. His words and deeds he did not fulfil, and although he is dead he is LYING STILL!"
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Stickyfinger wrote:I will vote for the party that makes sniper rifles legal and gives compulsory training in "MP Spotting"
I'd be good at this. I see ours quite regularly. She shops at our local supermarket and farm shop. I quite literally bumped into her as she was coming out of there a couple of weeks ago.

I did try to get my missus to go up and get a selfie with her, then I could have sent a "Theresa May caught standing with brown-skinned person shock" style article to the Daily Mail, but my missus told me no way.
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Habitually, I listen to Radio 4 on a Sunday Morning in the car much to the dismay of the rest of the family. Usually its the Archers followed by Desert Island Discs, and if we're still going a panel game to follow. If we set off again after lunch Gardners' question time and its rather trivial problems provides a bit of shout at the radio fodder. I do like Jack Dee on "I'm sorry I haven't a clue particularly when he takes the P out of the location/audience/other panelists.

Gettting to the point, I did listen to the full 45 minutes of the session with Theresa May. You do find out a bit more about the person behind the public image and Kirsty Young is very good at teasing this out. Still plenty of stuff to laugh at like her token choice of "Dancing Queen" by ABBA amongst the rather highbrow other stuff. One of her choices was the Elgar Cello Concerto, nothing wrong with that, It was given to her by the local GP and his wife as a present for passing her A-Levels. No well done Theresa here's a six pack of Stella!"

My ears did prick up when Theresa introduced another of her choices this time a stirring piece from Purcell. Being a Durham lad, i was surprised to see that the Conservative Heirarchy had decided that North-West Durham would be a suitable place for Theresa to launch her political career at the 1992 General Election. Consett and Stanley have very little common ground with Theresa, but the words she chose in relation to a delightful drive through the constituency after a public meeting, made it clear that she didn't feel particularly at home and needed a bit of the Rondo by Purcell to get her through the terrible blackness (...of North-West Durham I presume..) and lift her spirits!

Regards Neil

PS She didnt get elected that time!
Last edited by NewcastleFalcon on 09 Mar 2015, 19:33, edited 2 times in total.
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

oops!
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey