dash cams input please

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

evilally
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Re: dash cams input please

Post by evilally »

I've got an "eprance" one, purchased a year ago now (looks just like the 0801)? It has GPS and a 32GB card for loop recording. It's hard wired in so it starts to record when the ignition goes live. Any other way is a waste of time in my opinion, the day you need it, is the day you forgot to plug it in/switch it on etc. Quality is ok, could do with better optics as it struggles a little in low light situations.

I also had a guy attempt to get into my car at a junction. I had it on camera and offered it to the police, who of course weren't interested. Anything that might mean they have to go and investigate a crime is bad news to them. I'll be keeping any footage to myself unless absolutely required to from now on. So forget about using it to report crime, it has no use from that point of view.
'96 405 1.6 GLX with 306 GTI engine on Cat cams @ 195bhp

'05 RenaultSport Clio 182 Cup, 102k

'97 406 1.9TD, 314k.
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

I am impressed at the lack of swearing :)
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

Stickyfinger wrote:I am impressed at the lack of swearing :)

and were was the FCF Nanny when we really need her :shock: :twisted: #-o :-D :lol: :rofl2: :rofl2: :wink:

as i didnt hear one BLEEP BLEEP to protect our delicate ears :yikes: :o :-D :wink:
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Disappointment

Post by addo »

Nowhere near enough swearing for a chap north of the border. Keep that up and you'll be sentenced to a stretch in Cornwall. [-X
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Questions a 5 year old asks, as I found out to my spluttering surprise can be erm, interesting.
I was driving along yesterday and suddenly the boy innocently pipes up "Dad, who did you call a f***ing idiot yesterday?"

Followed by.. "that's a bad word dad. I don't want to hear you using it again"..

Vorsprung berk Technik
Last edited by Northern_Mike on 09 Mar 2015, 08:54, edited 1 time in total.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Disappointment

Post by CitroJim »

addo wrote:Nowhere near enough swearing for a chap north of the border. Keep that up and you'll be sentenced to a stretch in Cornwall. [-X
But we West Country folk don't swear so we can't teach anyone to, just how to speak with a lovely, rich West country accent...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

The_Hairdresser wrote:I'm curious too but I do like to go fast, and I wonder if I'd get myself in bother.
That's my concern, it's why I would have a healthy reserve of current to smoke the barstool up at the press of a button.
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Re: Disappointment

Post by Stickyfinger »

CitroJim wrote:
addo wrote:Nowhere near enough swearing for a chap north of the border. Keep that up and you'll be sentenced to a stretch in Cornwall. [-X
But we West Country folk don't swear so we can't teach anyone to, just how to speak with a lovely, rich West country accent...
We Fu@@@@@ do swear you @@@@@ @@@@@@ ~~~#### ?????? +++++++ $$$$$ ***** you dumb badger
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

CitroJim wrote:
Oive 'errd ee mutter a baad wurd or two James.

Vorsprung berk Technik
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

His neighbours are probably OK with it, provided it stays on his soyd of the bonedree wol.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

The_Hairdresser wrote:
CitroJim wrote:
Oive 'errd ee mutter a baad wurd or two James.

Vorsprung berk Technik
Only when I'm around Citroens.... :twisted:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...