PSA variants I know to exist but have never seen in person

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

PSA variants I know to exist but have never seen in person

Post by spider »

This might be a boring topic (sorry in advance) :oops:

I know the following exist but I've never seen them "in the metal" so to speak... Not that I can recall anyway:

206 without power steering. Likely non UK spec

Boxer / Relay 4x4

405 4x4

106 (old shape) with power steering. Again likely LHD only as they had a belt drive pump instead of electric motor for the hydraulic pump

205 with drivers airbag (yes really) I've not seen one in person however I have seen several photographs, LHD and likely the very very last

205 small instrument panel with tachometer. Typically a GR I expect. Note this is the 'thin' panel as fitted to 95% of them but the analogue clock is replaced by a tach

306 3 door base model, either 1.4 or 1.9D (DW8) 99 onwards

406 SRi (with the curious red flexed / grey velour trim) estate. XU9 turbo (8v) unit fitted as per the later 'Exec' models

205 with ABS. AC yes I've seen but ABS no

306 (first shape) with AC with a diesel engine. Most even the XT seemed to not have this I think. Apart from the late 'Spinnaker' models but then it was AC on the 16 or ESR on the 1.9TD

205 cabrio with auto transmission (usually the XU6 engine fitted aka the 1.6GTi unit 'CTi') probably de-tuned a tad

206 base aka 'L' model not LX with AC. Probably non UK spec to get AC on extreme base units, ie 1.1 L / 1.9D L

TU3 1.4 with a cast iron block instead of a alloy one. Like the 1.6 really but a 1.4. I do not recall seeing one, but they are known to be about. Well I do not think I have.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: PSA variants I know to exist but have never seen in pers

Post by CitroJim »

That's a very interesting list Andy...

Like the non-PAS Xantia, the 1.6 XU powered Xantia and the non-Hydractive XM... They do exist...

Or so it is rumoured...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

I can believe it. :) Seems odd that they would omit PAS when the hydraulics are already there.

I have seen a 405 with a 1.4 TU in it, although they are just a bit rare not unknown (and a bit underpowered) , I think I've only ever seen two though.
Last edited by spider on 02 Mar 2015, 09:04, edited 1 time in total.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

The Mi16×4 is pretty rare, I've only seen one.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I only know of the existence of a non-PAS Xantia Andy because strut tops, which were different, were once available for it and some came up very cheaply a few years back...

There was a also a few very early XMs (on G plates) with carbs...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...