OT : Anyone got a Hyundai?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

old-un77
My Cars: Renault 14...now skyward
Renault 19.. skyward also..
'03 Xsara 1.8 Picasso in silver met his maker
'06 Desire, again in silver also gonn to metal heaven

Re: OT : Anyone got a Hyundai?

Post by old-un77 »

I'd be interested in your comments, my daughter has one she wants to pass on, to me......

Bob
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

All I can say is no matter what happens to/or how badly the thing is treated, the KIA in the drive just keeps going with nothing falling off (that was not smashed off by a kerb/rock/wall/post/tree/wheelbarrow and a rake !)

Korean cars seem OK to me :)

As for styling, not at all my thing and they have no inkling that anybody in the world is over 5ft-6 let alone know of 6ft4inch monsters like me!
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
old-un77
My Cars: Renault 14...now skyward
Renault 19.. skyward also..
'03 Xsara 1.8 Picasso in silver met his maker
'06 Desire, again in silver also gonn to metal heaven

Post by old-un77 »

LOL in MY case, it isn't the height(5ft 3) but the width, need to get a hard case in the boot, which in the Picasso only goes in, diagonally, using the cavity where the shopping trolley would be.........
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

I tried to buy one in about 2001, an 'S' plate accent 3 door. The local dealer at the time (long since moved / closed) , the sales manager was unwilling to fit a radio into it out of another one or supply one as it just had a blanking plate. The thing was the salesman had agreed to it.

They lost the sale...

Perhaps I was being picky but yes...

Having said that a neighbour has a brand new one brought about six months ago, its a diesel auto (looks like a 1.4Hdi actually!) and its really nice. The relevancy here is, before that he had two C4's, first one was a petrol (1.4 I think) and the second was a 1.6Hdi. Neither of those gave him any trouble though at all.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Keep the C1 Mike. I'd not part with mine for all the LHM in France...

I love mine to bits... It's a bloody fantastic little car and popular word is the new generation are even better...

Why do you believe yours needs replacing?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

The 5 year warranty offered with Hyundai's is not quite what you think it is and is more akin to a typical used car warranty, the example told to me by someone who services them is that say for example the oil pump gives up then Hyundai will only pay for the oil pump, none of the gaskets oil and other items you have to change :?
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Took me a while to work out how to fold down the back sets Mike... Cracked it in the end though...

DavieMcK says Arnold Clark still has some old-style C1s in stock with delivery miles on them.. Worth a look perhaps?

Posh ones too.. VTR+
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

superloopy wrote:Thats not what i'm reading over on the hyundai forums Richard. Numerous well rounded appraissals of warranty work. Maybe Hyundai have learnt lessons from the past.
The info I have is very current as in cars under two years old and apparently one of many reasons why this particular fleet buyer won't be buying any more.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

superloopy wrote: It's now designed in Germany and bolted together in Turkey, previously India. Must count for something.
Yes, it does. Impossible to have a 'Friday afternoon car' from there but beware of one made on a Thursday afternoon... :lol:

Does Turkey have any history of automotive manufacture? I can think of no Turkish cars at all and if there was any would they be a delight?
Jim

Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

CitroJim wrote:
superloopy wrote:Does Turkey have any history of automotive manufacture? I can think of no Turkish cars at all and if there was any would they be a delight?
the wonders of google
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Thanks Sticky :-D

Anadol - sounds like a painkiller...

So, they had a car designed by Reliant... Amazing...
Jim

wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Hyundais are generally very reliable apart from the the 1.7 diesel engines (also fitted to KIA's) which constantly cuts out when the temperature drops below 4 degrees & the fuel cant pass through the filter properly, its been an ongoing problem for a few years, they were denying it was a fault & they wouldn't change the filters under warranty even on a car with less than 5,000 miles. They had been blaming it on UK fuel. only recently in the last week or two have they done a big U turn & are now fitting modified filters & housings with upgraded heaters in them. Just google IX35 fuel filter & see what comes up.
Zelandeth
Donor 2024
My Cars: 2006 Peugeot Partner Escapade 1.6HDi.
1988 Renault 25 Monaco 2.0i.
1985 Sinclair C5.
1984 Trabant 601S.
1975 Rover 3500.
1973 AC Model-70.

Post by Zelandeth »

I had an i10 as a rental for a run back from Aberdeen a few months back.

Have to admit to being very impressed with it. Seemed very well put together and generally well designed. Was hard to really complain about anything.

Main niggle for me was that compared to the 107 it doesn't half sound boring!
Current fleet:
06 Peugeot Partner Escapade 1.6HDi, 88 Renault 25 Monaco, 85 Sinclair C5, 84 Trabant 601S, 75 Rover 3500, 73 AC Model 70.
bxzx16v
My Cars: Past Frenchies , 4xBx16v,1xBxGti,1xBxTzd,2xZx Volcanes,1xZx reflex,1xPug 405mi16, 3x Xantia 1.9td's,1x Xantia activa, 2x Renault 25 V6 turbo, 1 Zx16v ,1 Pug 406 V6 coupe ,1x C8 , 1x Berlingo van , 1x Xanti 2.1td , 1x Renault Laguna 3

Post by bxzx16v »

They do seem to receive some praise the i10, if I was in the market for something new for under 10k it would be the Dacia Sandero stepway 900cc turbo, I took one for a test drive a few months ago and was very impressed with it, lively and refined for a 3 cylinder. I'd have one tomorrow but it just doesn't do what I need it to do (chuck tools and gubbins) in it and try to keep it looking nice.

Mark
2009 Landrover Freelander 2 TD4se (killed an Audi) , sadly now gone .
2012 Landrover Freelander 2 SD4 AUTO Love it . Now gone .
2014 Ford Bmax 1.0 Ecoboost Zetec . Fantastic little machine .Gone now.
2014 Ford Focus 2.0 Tdci Zetec S with the French heart.
darbuck
Donor 2023
My Cars: 2008 Citroen C5 X7 Tourer VTR+ (138 BHP)
2007 Nissan Primera P12 1.6 T-Spec (110BHP)
2003 Citroen C5 Estate level 2 (110 BHP) 2.0 HDI
2001 Nissan Maxima QX 2.0 V6

Post by darbuck »

I've had 2 accents well the wife has and give no trouble they do have a reputation for leak down on the valve seals but never had it myself
Darren