Low Emission Zone Badge, Germany

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur
(Donor 2018)
My Cars: 405 naD Est

Low Emission Zone Badge, Germany

Post by Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur »

Hi folks, hope this post is in the right place.

Does anybody have experience of purchasing Low Emission Zone badges in Germany?

I'm off to Techno-Classica Essen in April, and I don't much fancy coughing up 12 quid and would much rather hopefully find a LEZ badge for a fiver in Germany

...if that's reasonably practical, and if indeed I need it. Am I gonna have to have a list of motor repairers to find one an outlet for my green sticker at a reasonable price (like without inevitably perhaps getting ripped off at a Services); or are they a whole lot more commonplace than that?

Oh, and if you reader did indeed buy one, did somebody check that your vehicle had a particulate filter or catalytic converter fitted? I'd think not, but people can be thorough, though my old Pug 405 comes suitably equipped of course.
Puxa
bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Re: Low Emission Zone Badge, Germany

Post by bobins »

I got my Low Emission Zone sticker by emailing one of my mates in Germany with details of my car, he then trundled down to his local friendly main dealer garage, who told him "ve're not supposed to do this, but here's a sticker for your friend's car" **, he then sent it to me in the post. Total cost - a stamp from Germany to the UK. So I think that shows that the LEZ sticker isn't that strictly policed.
You've probably already done the research, but these two websites give good details on how and where to get the stickers and which cities they're needed for.
http://urbanaccessregulations.eu/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.tuev-nord.de/de/umweltplaket ... e-8648.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

** - ideally that bit should be read in a German accent 'Allo 'Allo style :rofl2:
Last edited by bobins on 21 Jan 2015, 18:36, edited 1 time in total.
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur
(Donor 2018)

Zat eeees velly useful Bobin; now I can concentrate my efforts on ze fallen madonna with zee big..... erm, bobins? :-)

Yes, done the research, some of it contradictory and the map showing how to avoid the Essen LEZ on the Messe's own page is about as much use as a chocolate teapot . Also one website stated that the LEZ is 850 square kilometres.... surely not ! I Thank goodness the Germans don't always do everything right.

Thanks everso
Puxa
Xantic
My Cars: In the past French ones
54 reg C5 Estate vtr
Picasso 2.0 HDI
X reg Xantia 2.0 Hdi
V reg Xantia Exclusive 2.0 hdi
BX Diesel 1.7
C5 2.2 Diesel exclusive auto.

Post by Xantic »

Make sure you get one or else, The German Police or B.A.G. will love you if your not displaying a sticker. Just think of them as your wife. They will bleed you dry.
Jaguar 2.0 Diesel
Peugeot 407 Diesel
LIVING THE DREAM

Russ..
Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur
(Donor 2018)

Thanks Xantic, I'm glad I've never married (common-law though) :-)
Puxa