That 307 Advert

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

bikeboyz
My Cars:

That 307 Advert

Post by bikeboyz »

I guess most of us have seen the 307 advert about "Shame"? Can you identify the orange car which takes a dive through the field of crops?
They have used thinly disguised Peugeots, 405 under the tree, 505 in the car park. Something says the orange car is a 504 saloon, but am I just seeing things?
rossd
My Cars:

Post by rossd »

<Geek mode> I'm pretty sure the car in the car park is a 604 with 505 wheels </Geek mode>
Yes I noticed that they were using old Peugeot models, good advert! lol [8D]
PowerLee
My Cars: Current - Slightly modified 2016 Pug 308 Puretech 130 Allure
Past:
2003 - 206 GLX TU3JP & 206 SE ET3JP4
1995 - 405 Executive XU10J2
1996 - 406 GLX XU10J4R
1994 - 405 GTX XU10J2

Post by PowerLee »

Who remembers the Xantia pyramid tv advert that showed of the Hydractive suspension?
They used a pyramid of thinly disguised 405s in that advert too, lol
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Nope, but i remember the advert for the Citroen BX with Grace Jones....
RichardR
My Cars:

Post by RichardR »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by martyhopkirk</i>

Nope, but i remember the advert for the Citroen BX with Grace Jones....<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">That was for the CX! [:)]
My Dad had a CX GTI Turbo 2 that was identical to the one in the picture. I loved that car, but I always found the really strong self centring steering a bit unnerving!
TomH
My Cars:

Post by TomH »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bikeboyz</i>

I guess most of us have seen the 307 advert about "Shame"? Can you identify the orange car which takes a dive through the field of crops?
They have used thinly disguised Peugeots, 405 under the tree, 505 in the car park. Something says the orange car is a 504 saloon, but am I just seeing things?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
seen the ad you mean, but it's too far away to tell surely!
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Most of these cars are CGI in order to avoid being sued by other manufacturers.
All these disguised Peugeots of olden times being ashamed of the 307.
I'm not surprised. Crass advertising of a thoroughly forgettable appliance. Just a jellymould car with absolutely no innovation or character. Stasis of the art!
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

ive got the mpeg of the french visa gti advert from 1987 when they jump it off an aircraft carrier chasing a fighter jet, it goes into the sea then reappears on top of a submarine :)
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Crass advertising of a thoroughly forgettable appliance. Just a jellymould car with absolutely no innovation or character. Stasis of the art!
And in 20 years time it will be a nostalgic TV ad for a great old car!!
At any cl***ic car show, all cars from the same period look identical.
We tend to forget that in their day all cars have been like this- to a non car spotter a Morris 8 looks identical to a Ruby-vicious competitors in their day, and the average man in the street won't be able to tell his Light 15 from a V8 Pilot.
rossd
My Cars:

Post by rossd »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> At any cl***ic car show,<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
LOL at swear filter being over enthusiastic!!
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

theres a better one, someone before was from scun-thorpe and it masks it as... s****horpe :)
bikeboyz
My Cars:

Post by bikeboyz »

seen it again, still convinced the orange one is a 504, however the thought of 505 wheels...yup but on a 305 ?
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Anorack alert!
LOL!!!
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by martyhopkirk</i>

Anorack alert!
LOL!!!
Downloaded (most) of the CX advert last night and the Visa / aircraft carrier advert. Top stuff (sadly CX ad was corrupt so only got half of it).
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Don't be mean Marty - where's the link?
On topic for a change- has anybody here got access to the GSa TV advertisements?