Stormy weather.

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Stormy weather.

Post by daviemck2006 »

Please folks beware of the stormy weather that is forecast.

I think my son learnt a lesson today. His best pal must have cheated death by millimeters. He was heading to work about 6 this morning, came round a corner and hit a tree which had been blown over. The guy is in hospital with quite severe facial injuries from the branches that came in through the windscreen and out the rear. A branch about as thick as your leg was the one that damaged his face. He has broken bones in his face and skin ripped off and going to need skin grafts. Shaun has spoken to him and he says he is lucky to be alive. As a 20 year old young man though, he is seeing the bright side and thinking about the nurses he has for eye candy and chatting up while he is in hospital! Shaun is a little shaken about what has happened. His mate, well it surely not his day to go thankfully.
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Stormy weather.

Post by CitroJim »

Gosh, he was so lucky Davie....

May he fully recover very soon [-o<
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

Dave....that is some bad luck, wish him well.

The Maxillo Facial people will sort him out mate, they do FANTASTIC work, take it from me they really do.
In the young facial bones and soft tissue heals really really well, dental implants replace teeth with full function, the skin graft support and regeneration materials/dressings for those type of soft tissues found in the head and neck are VERY successful....he will be fine and will heal quickly...and the swelling will go down quite quickly once he is settled, then they will work wonders..guarantee it.

All the best
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Post by daviemck2006 »

Shaun said he had a big operation today. No word yet on how it went. I did see a pic of his face, it was not a pretty sight. I think knowing the young man once he heals up it won't bother him too much having scarring. All his functions are working properly so it's all cosmetic. He will be more worried about the loss of his car! It only went on the road last Monday after 3 of them re-engining it. And not even silly engines, just the standard 1.6 corsa. Ok I don't like corsas, but it was his pride and joy. If I know him he will say fixing his face was free, but the car will cost him lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
In the family
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

Dave....thats great news.

The soft tissue heals really really well because of all the good blood flow in that area, also, these days the scaring issue is massively reduced and can also be reduced more by good skin creams and manipulation of the scar tissue...a few months and it will look big time better.

One of the reasons for it looking a mess at the moment is exactly the above...so tell him to treat that as a bonus. As an example: a 18 year old male in good heath, they can heal too quickly sometimes for leisurely operative planning.... break his jaw, two little bits of wire and three days later he is eating a big mac and demanding visits from his girlfriend out of hours !...youth is that quick
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Davie, excellent news :-D

You're right, a bit of scarring is no worry. The main thing is that all underlying is in good working order...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)

Post by daviemck2006 »

Just an update on Shaun's mate. I saw him a couple of days ago. He has made a remarkable recovery, his face still a bit red and swollen but he is back to work and driving again. And you would hardly believe a new windscreen and tailgate and bonnet on his car and you would hardly know it's been in a crash which was so close to fatal! Good ending all round.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
In the family
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally