Bad Driver

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

old-un77
My Cars: Renault 14...now skyward
Renault 19.. skyward also..
'03 Xsara 1.8 Picasso in silver met his maker
'06 Desire, again in silver also gonn to metal heaven

Re: Bad Driver

Post by old-un77 »

don't the fuel gauge in the car give a clue as to which side of a car, the filler cap is? ie shows a petrol pump icon?

two, how DO you negotiate these roundabouts that have a new lane that grows from the kerb of the roundabout itself,

three lanes usually left lane turning left/straight on
middle lane straight on, or right?(using the whole roundabout, 270 or 360 degrees?)
off side lane turn right? no way, cos the lane that grows " forces the traffic to veer to the middle lane.......
and the nearside lane is cross hatched out at 180 degrees
one in Peterborough is like that.....
Bob
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

old-un77 wrote:don't the fuel gauge in the car give a clue as to which side of a car, the filler cap is? ie shows a petrol pump icon?
Yes! They all do.. Either a little arrow or the side of the pump the hose is on indicates the car's filler side...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

I've seen a buttload of bad driving lately, one led to a very messy crash, just missed another T-boning today (about thirty seconds before I arrived), there was a high speed multiple fatality the other day not far from here, and it's barely eight weeks since a young fool spun his S2000 into a Hyundai, then bounced into a tree two streets away. Oh, and a collision between two artics this morning, killing one driver. Fine weather, good visibility.

I think the crash which "meant" the most to me was one about eighteen months ago. I didn't know the deceased, nor the actual road, but have plenty of experience on similar roads. Look at the emptiness of the landscape in the link below; to lose control and die alone in a crushed, rolled over Landcruiser with not even the touch or words of a passing motorist. Who really wants to go like that?

http://goo.gl/maps/oUEc0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
citronut
My Cars:

Re:

Post by citronut »

addo wrote:I've seen a buttload of bad driving lately,

reminds me of the little old lady who has never been involved in a RTA but seen 100's in here rear view mirror :twisted: #-o :-D :lol: :rofl2: :rofl2: :wink:
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

HEY...leave my Mother out of this !