Tapatalk

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Tapatalk

Post by daviemck2006 »

This new tapatalk is not so bad as first thought. I have just found out how to browse the forums which I could not do before. Tap the top of the screen on my Samsung in the orange bit and you get a drop down menu with the forums on it [emoji4]

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Northern_Mike

Re: Tapatalk

Post by Northern_Mike »

Does "not as bad as first thought" still allow me to class it as "utter balls"?

All I want is a list of threads with new posts on it, like you used to be able to do with the old version - click on the 3 lines at the top left in the orange bar, a drop down would appear, and one of the options was "unread". Simple. I'm damned if I can work out how to do it with this version I've just this minute reinstalled.
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Post by daviemck2006 »

Yep it's still balls compared to before.[emoji90]

Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
In the family
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Just throw in the towel!

Sent from somewhere using smoke signals.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I've given up with Tapatalk totally on my tablet and use the Firefox to access the forum... It works perfectly well even on my 7" tablet. My eyes are not wonderful and I have no problems at all.

The new Forum Software, when it is rolled out, is optimised for mobiles so that'll make Tapatalk fully redundant.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

FF on my tablet is a fully tabbed browser and I can have multiple forums open in one session no worries at all but I see where you're coming from..

What mobile device do you use Mike? Might be a good time to upgrade to a Samsung Galaxy perhaps :wink:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

superloopy wrote:Galaxy Note 2 ...
You should be fine with that then Mike...
Jim

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

CitroJim wrote:
superloopy wrote:Galaxy Note 2 ...
You should be fine with that then Mike...
I don't have any problems viewing the forum on my Note 3 using Google Chrome. I prefered using Tapatalk, but it's so unusable at the moment that I can't be bothered. I use mainly this forum and the Berlingo Forum. I lurk on club-xm a lot too..
waynedance

Post by waynedance »

It is utter crap and now use full desktop on my phone.

Needs to go back to how it used to be.
Volvo S80 D5.........
C5 2.2HDi Exclusive 2003 manual (now gone).
2009 Renault Megane, the misses drive.
Had a 1988 BX 19TRS Auto many moons ago.
Forgive any spelling mistakes, it's the phone not me.
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

superloopy wrote:
waynedance wrote: ... Needs to go back to how it used to be.
I agree that it is 'broken' compared to previous releases and that creeping advertising is a pita but ... it's still better than using FF or the likes for its overall control.
How can it be, when it won't do what I want and a browser will?
Xantianut
My Cars: 2002 C5 2.0 HDi 110 SX

RIP:
1993 Xantia 1.8i LX
1989 BX16TRS
1986 BX14E x 2

Post by Xantianut »

Ay up!

I finally approached the 21st century with an iPad 2. Now, it is a great piece of kit! It's fast, powerful and surprisingly easy to use, even with my sausage fingers! It's rarely far away from me, in fact.

However, I cannot get on with Tapatalk at all! Nor do I like the email apps on it. They make unread mails hard to see, IMHO. I could not navigate the forum at all with Tapatalk - I take my hat off to you guys who do!

So I use Safari on t'pad and Google Chrome on Windows.
C5 HDi 110 SX (Fifi 7 or Otterchops)

RIP
Citroen Xantia 1.8i LX (Fifi 6)
BX16TRS (x2) (Fifi 4 and 5)
BX19DTR (Fifi 2)
BX14E (x2) (Fifi 1 and 3)
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

I'm totally lost on the point of Tapatalk, why load something extra onto your phone tablet or whatever when you can access the very same thing such as this forum using a standard browser without issue? Sounds like an exercise in futility :?
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
waynedance

Post by waynedance »

Tapatalk was good before especially for adding photos, as said previously it's gone right down hill.

I now have a shortcut on my home screen to open up in Google Chrome.
Volvo S80 D5.........
C5 2.2HDi Exclusive 2003 manual (now gone).
2009 Renault Megane, the misses drive.
Had a 1988 BX 19TRS Auto many moons ago.
Forgive any spelling mistakes, it's the phone not me.
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

DickieG wrote:I'm totally lost on the point of Tapatalk, why load something extra onto your phone tablet or whatever when you can access the very same thing such as this forum using a standard browser without issue? Sounds like an exercise in futility :?
It was good, especially on a device with a smaller screen for viewing forums - especially if you subscribed to more than one. I liked the "show unread posts" function on it and used that more often than using the forum on a PC. It made the text the right size to read automatically, no need to zoom or bugger about to reply either.

Now they've "improved" it, it's just unusable.
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)

Post by daviemck2006 »

I still use it on my phone, and I can still upload photos much easier with tapatalk than on the computer. Espically as I use the phone for taking the photos.

Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
In the family
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2