Site Speed

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Site Speed

Post by addo »

I'm finding that a tracert to FCF stalls at 85.210.255.3, or thereabouts.

Yes, I realise this may be partly due to the convoluted origin of the request, but also wondering if talktalk has issues presently?
Northern_Mike

Re: Site Speed

Post by Northern_Mike »

addo wrote:I'm finding that a tracert to FCF stalls at 85.210.255.3, or thereabouts.

Yes, I realise this may be partly due to the convoluted origin of the request, but also wondering if talktalk has issues presently?
Tapatalk has issues here. It's very slow and almost unuseable. This may or may not be related to the update my phone surprised me by installing yesterday, which is, in two words, utter balls.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Yes, the new Tapatalk is not without its significant failings.... One being that it is functionally unusable...

That IP address is one issued to my ISP but not the forum IP address. It may be a gateway router but certainly traffic will pass via it on its way to the forum proper...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

CitroJim wrote:Yes, the new Tapatalk is not without its significant failings.... One being that it is functionally unusable...
Some people will be glad to hear I've actually given up using Tapatalk. It's rare for an application that I use to become so bad I just can't be bothered with it (I use Windows!)...
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

Talk Talk is ok here Adam,
just did a speed test ( http://www.cnet.com/internet-speed-test/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ) that comes back as
31.92 mbps

mind you it does have a long way to travel to you Adam #-o :-D :lol: :rofl2: :rofl2: :wink:
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I'm currently looking at the forum from a spot well remote and the speed is good.

Normally I can't tell speed as the forums are fully local to me...

At least once a day though I do check how the forum is looking from a remote point...

Generally TalkTalk is OK and that's the ISP the forum uses to connect to the 'net.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...