HELP please anyone in this DL8 1BA area with a printer

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

citronut
My Cars:

Re: HELP please anyone in this DL8 1BA area with a printer

Post by citronut »

same old same old the grass is always greener,

we lived in Aberdeen back in 74 ( just as the oil company's were buying everything up accommodation wise ) for best part of a year, loved it there and wished we had stayed there, but i gather thats all different these days
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

addo wrote:I don't think there's a utopia anywhere, anymore. New Zealand runs closest of the English speaking countries IMO, but unless you have financial mobility it is like quicksand. Mainland Oz is busy trying to flush its best qualities down the plughole, North America is no good if you're not cashed up or willing to play along, Canada too cold... And by the time you get stitched up with someone the allure of places filled with beautiful women (whether Budapest, Tel Aviv, BsAs or Paris) is diluted...

It's why I have a few acres in the middle of nowhere; arable enough with ongoing care and nobody around gives a rats provided you aren't cutting their lunch or knocking over their house
You have pretty much what I intend to buy in Colombia Addo... it's far from Utopia but it's nowhere near as bad as the media and government travel advice make out. Lovely people - much the same as the Irish on the West Coast are. Same attitude to life and visitors. It's just hotter and the food is nicer. Odd you mention Kiwis - the only bother I had in Bogota was off some drunken Kiwis in a bar. That happens in every country in the world too though..
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

citronut wrote:same old same old the grass is always greener,
It's not the grass I care about. It's living amongst arseholes that bugs me.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

citronut wrote:wished we had stayed there
I often wish I'd stayed in Darwin as I love the place and the people dearly.. I guess it's radically changed in the intervening 22 years though...

Basically though, I'm pretty much happy and settled where I am now. It's a lovely little spot and full of lovely people, my neighbours especially... You could not hope for a lovelier lot.. And they're all incredibly tolerant of the antics of Team WFA :lol:

I consider myself very fortunate indeed.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...