Lexia Screenshots

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

xantiagreen
My Cars:

Re: Lexia Screenshots

Post by xantiagreen »

Trainman wrote:Faz has been round again today and we've had a play, He brought his original MAF which we which into the car, this showed the air flow around 500 and increased to around 648 as the engine was rev'd but then started declining the more the engine was rev'd and then settled back at the 200 mark..... We then replaced the the MAF with a brand new one, ran a new test and this showed the brand new MAF at 200 as well, however, when rev'd it increased to 748 before going back down again......

I've given Faz some more screen shots which he will no doubt post later..
Steve thanking you again for your assistance, your C6 is a cracker so if you need anyone to look after it when your off on hols, me me me.

Was it hot enough for you :redface:
Faz

90 Ax 1.0 Red
90 Bx 1.7 TZD Green
92 Bx Gti BRG
90 Bx 16v Cream
96 Xantia 2lt 16v Sx Olive green
01 Xantia 110 Hdi
Storm Grey (SOLD 4/11/18)

Temporarily driving Polo 1.9sdi

All I want is a Bx Gti or 16v!
xantiagreen
My Cars:

Post by xantiagreen »

MikeT wrote:Does this help? From http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... =3&t=38139" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
wheeler wrote: 270 mg/cp @ idle is about right for a 2.0lite engine if the EGR system is working correctly, on the other you tested car has the EGR valve been disabled/blanked off ?
If you have the engine at idle (and warm) you should get around 240 - 290 ish mg/cp, if you pull the vac pipe off the EGR valve when its running you should see the airflow jump up to about 500 mg/cp.
Maybe my original MAF is working ok then, will be getting refund from Euro for their Siemens VDO offering at £68 inc.
Faz

90 Ax 1.0 Red
90 Bx 1.7 TZD Green
92 Bx Gti BRG
90 Bx 16v Cream
01 Xantia 110 Hdi

xantiagreen
My Cars:

Post by xantiagreen »

Chlorate wrote:
citroenxm wrote: egrs are completely mechanical on the 2.0s and not ecu monitored and therefore wont be picked up by the ecu or fault recorded.
They are and they aren't...

They're vacuum actuated but controlled by the ECU via an electrovalve whether they should open or shut.
The only thing the ECU will pick up is whether the electrovalve is faulty (i.e. whether it's open or short circuited), so you can completely disconnect the EGR from the vacuum circuit and the ECU won't care so long as the electrovalve is still plugged in and working.
Should I get the EGR blanked off or clean/replace? Could it be that the electrovalve is working but the EGR valve is clogged and not opening/closing fully?
Faz

90 Ax 1.0 Red
90 Bx 1.7 TZD Green
92 Bx Gti BRG
90 Bx 16v Cream
01 Xantia 110 Hdi

xantiagreen
My Cars:

Post by xantiagreen »

CitroJim wrote:The reason the engine speed is noted as 161rpm is that was the speed of it when the fault was logged. Most likely when cranking...

An HDi will start happily right down ti silly temperature with no glowplugs but it will run a bit lumpishly.. HDi glowplugs only assist in stating at real brass monkey temperatures but they do post-heat and assist in smooth cold engine running eve when the ambient temperature is fairly balmy...

Did the measured airflow move up in a linear fashion when the engine was revved toward 4000rpm?
Yep it was 200 at idle then increase up to 600-650ish at 3500rpm and was then dropping down to 500ish at 4000rpm.

I'm definitely getting the stubby pipe under the engine and others re-checked on Monday in case there is a loose pipe or damaged one. As before the cars ran perfect since I bought it and only when I used contact cleaner (for no good reason #-o ) on the MAF did it bellow smoke at low revs and was a bit hesitant low down, once it was cleaned with carb cleaner it's back to life if not better. (Ripleys believe it or not)

What do you think Jim
Faz

90 Ax 1.0 Red
90 Bx 1.7 TZD Green
92 Bx Gti BRG
90 Bx 16v Cream
01 Xantia 110 Hdi

xantiagreen
My Cars:

Post by xantiagreen »

wheeler wrote:That EGR reading at idle speed looks fine to me, a reading of 500mg/cp at idle would suggest the EGR system is stuck closed or been blanked off. As said in that quote from another thread the reading at idle on a warmed up 2.0 HDi engine should be in the 200ish range, if you pull the vac pipe off the EGR valve with the engine running the reading should jump up to around 500mg/cp.

With EGR = 200ish mg/cp
Blanked off EGR = 500ish mg/cp

I 'm hoping that's true, is that what the actual readings of a hdi 110 should be or should have been when the car was put together.
Faz

90 Ax 1.0 Red
90 Bx 1.7 TZD Green
92 Bx Gti BRG
90 Bx 16v Cream
01 Xantia 110 Hdi

Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
2017 1.6HDi Berlingo Van - the works van

Post by Trainman »

xantiagreen wrote: Steve thanking you again for your assistance, your C6 is a cracker so if you need anyone to look after it when your off on hols, me me me.
You're more than welcome, give me a shout if you want me to run the Leica over it again....
xantiagreen wrote: Was it hot enough for you :redface:
tea tonight.......... watch his space or the moon, when I take off.......
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.

http://c6owners.org/index.php
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

xantiagreen wrote: will be getting refund from Euro for their Siemens VDO offering at £68 inc.
good possibility this one could be duff from that bunch, no matter what brand is printed on the box!!!, in my experience with parts from them anyhow,

also they might not take it back, as most motor factors refuse electronic devices back for refund once they have been plugged in #-o :wink:
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Trainman wrote:You're more than welcome, give me a shout if you want me to run the Leica over it again....
Busy taking more photographs I see, Steve.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2017 1.6HDi Berlingo Van - the works van

Post by Trainman »

Hell Razor5543 wrote:
Trainman wrote:You're more than welcome, give me a shout if you want me to run the Leica over it again....
Busy taking more photographs I see, Steve.
Could be James, I do like to see the whole picture not just a 'snapshot'....
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.

http://c6owners.org/index.php
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

xantiagreen wrote: With EGR = 200ish mg/cp
Blanked off EGR = 500ish mg/cp

I 'm hoping that's true, is that what the actual readings of a hdi 110 should be or should have been when the car was put together.
Those are good readings for the 90 and the 110.

citronut wrote:good possibility this one could be duff from that bunch, no matter what brand is printed on the box!!!, in my experience with parts from them anyhow
I'll second that, not unusual to get several faulty new parts on a row from ECP.
xantiagreen
My Cars:

Post by xantiagreen »

citronut wrote:
xantiagreen wrote: will be getting refund from Euro for their Siemens VDO offering at £68 inc.
good possibility this one could be duff from that bunch, no matter what brand is printed on the box!!!, in my experience with parts from them anyhow,

also they might not take it back, as most motor factors refuse electronic devices back for refund once they have been plugged in #-o :wink:
Luck was on my side they took it back and refunded, didn't even bother to check in the box. :shock: :-D

Hopefully Wednesday will have better idea once the EGR and MAF cabling is checked.
Faz

90 Ax 1.0 Red
90 Bx 1.7 TZD Green
92 Bx Gti BRG
90 Bx 16v Cream
01 Xantia 110 Hdi