Veg oil Xantias.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

KP
My Cars:

Re: Veg oil Xantias.

Post by KP »

I've very rarely ran wvo but have run svo with things like lhm and engine oil chucked in. in winter I could get away with stick £5 of diesel in the tank when nearly empty then filling it. Don't get me wrong i gave the plugs 2 cycles while I got myself ready in the car and let it chug for a few seconds more and power was a bit down until some warmth got into the engine bay but the cars ended up going or dying of other issues before the pumps became a problem. The svo was gm soya btw but if you used rape or sunflower you'd be able to push it to 100% and suffer less issues.

As temps got above 10'c I was then fine on 100% :)

The xm runs this most of the time now and when she comes back with a fresh mot she will be doing the £5 of diesel truck but due to the bigger tank it will be a smaller mix :)
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

I used to run 100% sunflower oil in winter 2004/5 and 2005/6 in a TD Xantia and a 2.1XM. Apart from slight chugging on startup and for about a mile, I had no issues at all.
SwissSPEC
My Cars:

Post by SwissSPEC »

Sunflower oil is better in lower temps than rapeseed oil, i'm talking about SVO & not WVO, never used WVO so can't comment.
CX GTI 2 Turbo (LHD) - Sorn
Bx Gti 16v
BX TZD Turbo - Sorn
C5 Mk1 LX 2.0HDi Estate
Mini Cooper D Clubman
Timmo
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 58 partner teepee outdoor hdi.
58 C2 Code in black! Fun!

Post by Timmo »

i run mine on a 50/50 basis at the mo but am only putting in 10l d 10l vegoil from tesco,
have found on mostly veg it hunts a little on idle but otherwise very little difference, that said, its still 10 degrees +down here,
weve a run to do week before christmas so will tank it 50/50 then too, seems to like it for nice runs!
After All, I am the Cornish one!

'58 C2 Code
'58 partner teepee outdoor