hello

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

landylass
My Cars:

hello

Post by landylass »

[:D]Just surfin and found your forum,Think I got here from the 2cv 4x4 site? dunno really, never was much good with directions! lol.So just thought I would say hiya, I am now the very proud owner of a 2cv dolly(sexist) so he is called Brian the speedy turtle, The other 1/2 says it is a mid life crisis as I did own a dyanne somewher way back in my miss spent youth. Any how Brian is a 1989 f reg with a galv chassis, hes got a FULL service hist and best of all I filled him up on friday and it cost me 15.59(the 59p went in my welly)And after filling up landrovers for several yrs I was over joyed, So hiya guys and gals, your forum looks very helpful, and I hope you dont mind a newbie, especially a female one from the right! side of the pennines, although I did have to cross the border to buy brian.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Hello and welcome to Andyspares. We could do with some more 2cv chat!
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

*Wonders which side of the Penines is the "right" one*? is it on the right lookin up the page? or lookin down the page? [:o)]
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

Hiya! Nice to have a 2CVer on the board, and a Landy owner too. I understand the madness, I really do, being an exLandy and 2CV owner meself. Welcome[:D][:D]
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Ah the 2CV. welcome to the site. I'd have one of those in a flash if the wife would let me. Then again there's a nice renault Feugo Turbo on E-bay at the moment.
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Not a Fuego Turbot? Hold me back, please hold me back!
Hiya - Im looking for something abit diffeent than my ZX to trundle about in and would like a Dyane, so nope your not strange (or at least were all similarly afflicted)- join us for a noggin and natter night - if we can decide on a date!
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Thats right marty. Renault Feugo Turbo in black with the alloys and bits. Here's the unual bit though, it has a full length Webasto sunroof fitted from NEW!!!!. I have mentioned it to the wife as this one is close to hand and there's been no reply yet.
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by martyhopkirk</i>

Not a Fuego Turbot? Hold me back, please hold me back!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Our local chippy sells these!
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by landylass</i>

[:D]The other 1/2 says it is a mid life crisis as I did own a dyanne somewher way back in my miss spent youth. Any how Brian is a 1989 f reg with a galv chassis, hes got a FULL service hist<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Hi
Welcome to our forum. Are you going to service him yourself? Reason I ask is that if he has been dealer serviced, there will be a few things that they will not have done, that may require urgent attention, like cleaning the oil cooler, and a clip that holds the wiring on the air cleaner bracket. BTW, it's 'Dyane' not 'dyanne' [:)]
Try to make out meeting at Mc/r airport - date and time TBA. See topic 'noggin & natter'. Which side of the hills are you on, then?
landylass
My Cars:

Post by landylass »

[:D]Lo chaps. thanks for the welcome, and the tips from uhn,re oil cooler and clip, couldnt reply yesterday,for some reason the forum (or my pc) would not let me sign in,Too Dave, what is it with "landys" every owner becomes an "ex",Too Stuart, go on go on go on, you know you want one, I am sure a 2cv wouldnt mean divorce, she will calm down......eventually.
As for the right side or the wrong side of the pennines,oooo shall we not go there, sorry.[:I] I live in lancs, so tek it from there.Although I can see the border from the front door .Still not had to top up Brians tank yet, and he only let in a likkle bit of water around the air vent somewhere, no bother. The sheep dog loves him, she has a seat to sit on now instead of a cage in the back of the landy. So he is stayin, kicked the landy off the drive as I am sure the scroats around here would love to improve his pram lid and eyes some way. Thanks agin for the welcome.[:X]