Re: C5 X7 2-in-1 navigation tutorial

Post by vborovic »

Pictures added
vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Post by vborovic »

Figured out some details about the RCA connections today, having the latest emyway (RT6) navigation as standard in the car mean the cars don't have the RCA connectors in the passenger gloveboxes (C5 X7, DS5) anymore, only USB/3.5 jack combined connection point in the central handrest ... my car has them both (from today even the aux video connector, like the Navidrive 3D, but no chance for the external video on the RT6 ... so far at least) ... so, one more thing I could do, since my 3.5 jack is not wired currently, is to wire it in parallel with the RCA L+R audio, and put it to use that way ... but, since that is not a feature I use anyway, will put that on hold, unless I'll have an opportunity to rewire something again on a larger scale, to take the opportunity and wire it then ...
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

I'm currently in the process of fitting the genuine reversing camera to the C5 and the RT6 (emyway) navigation system ... so far, no luck, following the wirings and schematics that are official ... I'm not sure what I'm missing at this point, everything should be configured and prepared like the factory situation (like the newest C5 Tourers have or the Cross Tourer) ... tried through Citroen officially, they don't want to get involved, because I don't have the factory situation, meaning, I'm on my own in this ...
Lasse

Post by Lasse »

As far as I know by now, the RT6 vary a lot on the inside. Software-wise they even managed to unify the two versions they had before for the two CANs, but the HW differs a lot. I wouldn't be surprised at all if some RT6 can't talk to the camera, even if correctly connected. If your RT6 is currently taken out, it might be worth to open it and see how many places on the PCB were left empty.
'73 DS 23 pallas, '87 CX25TRD2 long, '11 C5 HDi 165 Tourer exclusive
mooseshaver
My Cars:

Post by mooseshaver »

VBoric, something else you could try retrofitting to your car is the Park Heater with remote control.
Next time you are bored with your car.
C5 III Tourer 2.0 HDi 163 Auto Exclusive
Gone cars.
C5 2.2 HDi Exclusive Estate auto 57. Awesome car. Sadly Could not be fixed by Citroen.
C5 1.6 HDi VTR Estate 56. Traded in.
C5 2.2 HDi SX Estate 02. Drowned in the floods of 09.
C3 1.4 HDi 92 SX 52.
Saxo 1.1 East Coast.
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

We're not that cold a country for such extreme measures ... I went to look at the service documentation about the item, but it is not as simple as it seems, plus, the parts prices are a little off the top ... will stick to some other projects for now, I'm trying to lit up the car as much as possible with the ambient lighting at this moment ...
mooseshaver
My Cars:

Post by mooseshaver »

[emoji57]
I did ask at my dealers about retrofitting but they said no straight away
C5 III Tourer 2.0 HDi 163 Auto Exclusive
Gone cars.
C5 2.2 HDi Exclusive Estate auto 57. Awesome car. Sadly Could not be fixed by Citroen.
C5 1.6 HDi VTR Estate 56. Traded in.
C5 2.2 HDi SX Estate 02. Drowned in the floods of 09.
C3 1.4 HDi 92 SX 52.
Saxo 1.1 East Coast.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

mooseshaver wrote:[emoji57]
That is understandable. Some of the optional equipment fitted during assembly would require a major dismantling procedure to allow for retrofitting the equipment at a later date (although other equipment is a simple installation procedure).
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

@ moose - I guess that depends on the attitude of your mechanics ... if I said at my dealer's I want the full hydractive system fitted, sure, no problem ... :D ... I'm paying, they're working ... now, they're fair enough to alert me of the risks, that it possibly won't work as intended (or won't at all), but they wouldn't say no and quit at that ... luckily for them, I analyze and investigate as much as possible, so I just have to say which parts I need, and which cables they need to pull through (those more complex ones) ...
Xantippa
My Cars: Now:
C5 X7 HDi 240 Exclusive Tourer
ZOE 22kwh Intense
Before:
C4 1,6 Coupe Automatic
C5 X7 HDi136 Exclusive Sedan A
Xantia HDi110 Berline
Xantia 1,8SX Berline

Post by Xantippa »

mooseshaver wrote:[emoji57]
Here in Finland additional heaters are installed very often. It's not that difficult, only expensive, way over 1000€ as far as I can tell.

However I think all diesel C5's here have got additional heaters because it would be too cold in the winter without it. Normally this heater only works as additional heater when engine is running and temperature is under 5 celsius. You can use this standard Webasto as preheater if the clock and additional water pump are installed. The original Webasto heater installed on C5 X7 is notoriously bad model, so when retrofitting, go for better model. Luckily mine still works eventhough car is now six years old and about 140000km in the clock.
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

I'll just give a small teaser to the FCF community, I'm preparing for a next project on my car, and this time it will probably be even more demanding (and gruesome for the car) than when the Hi-Fi amplifier & subwoofer were getting installed ... and it's nothing genuine this time ... as I've almost exhausted the genuine things I can add, I feel it is time to start with the non-genuine treatment to begin ... :D ...
Xantippa
My Cars: Now:
C5 X7 HDi 240 Exclusive Tourer
ZOE 22kwh Intense
Before:
C4 1,6 Coupe Automatic
C5 X7 HDi136 Exclusive Sedan A
Xantia HDi110 Berline
Xantia 1,8SX Berline

Post by Xantippa »

????
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

you've found a set of twin tail pipe covers haven't you :)
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

Actually, yes ... :D ... but not this time ... I'm stuck with ordering the rear spoiler (under bumper) ... or, to be exact, I've decided to first install the town bar, to avoid any customization issues later on with the tow bar in place (the tail pipes can be improvised, the tow bar not really) ... the project will take place inside the car, not on the outside ... and it requires power/electricity ...
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Powered tailgate opening?
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH