aux input C5 2009

This section is for General Enquiries or for Systems not Covered Above

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

citroenc5mad

aux input C5 2009

Post by citroenc5mad »

Hi guys my Citroen c5 2009 1.6hdi saloon VTR+ nav model

It says it has a aux input ( going through the screen) but I cant find this input in the vehicle, and I was wondering if anyone could point me into the right direction.

Cheers Dan
vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Re: aux input C5 2009

Post by vborovic »

Front passenger glovebox, L+R input AUX channel (grey plastic box) on the top (near the glovebox light, when opened) ...
citroenc5mad

Post by citroenc5mad »

Thanks will have a look tomorrow.

Dan
Richard_C
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: C4 Picasso 1.6 Blue Hdi 120 Manual Excl+ 2016
C3 1.2 Puretech 110 Auto Flair 2017

Post by Richard_C »

Indeed it is in the glovebox. Can't imagine who though that was a good idea, under the armrest would have been much better. Having to reach over and open the glove box to connect is a pain. I think some (perhaps later ones or navdrive ones) had a third socket which allows video as well. My 2010 VTR+Nav, Myway, only has the two.

I have a phono lead semi permanently tucked around the glove box hinges, slid up under the trim along the side of the central console and emerging at the back of the console, then tucked into the seat pocket on the passenger seat. Then a phono to stereo 3.5mm adapter plug. Its convenient for the driver or any passenger in any seat to fish it out to connect a device. You have to use the 'music menu' to tell the stereo to use the external socket and select aux, can never remember exactly which bit of menu its in but I always seem to find it. It won't auto sense the presence of your ipod or whatever. Traffic interrupts still work but of course won't pause whatever is playing.

The only downside is that my son has an ipod classic with 160GB of music I don't particularly like .....
Richard_C

Current: , C4 Picasso 120 BlueHdi, C3 1.2 Auto
Past Citroens: Dyane (x2), 2CV, Visa, BX (x2), Xantia, Xsara Picasso, C3 (x2) C5 X7 Tourer, Synergie 1.9TD, C1
Others: Hillman Hunter, Cortina Mk 1, Maxi, VW Type 2, Granada, SAAB 900, SAAB 9-5, R5 Gordini
vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Post by vborovic »

The redesigned C5 has the AUX 2.5 stereo input with the USB port in the central handrest .. as for the video input, I think only the Navidrive 3D (NG4) had an actual factory video input, other nav units didn't ... true, the position of the aux connections couldn't been worse, especially if your glovebox is full of other stuff ... but, even the central handrest isn't a good option, unless you're using a small USB stick, the audio device, if used, must be juggled with the drink in case you have it etc ... the best option would be bluetooth on the phone, but the downside is that you don't see the track names (here I'm talking about the emyway/RT6) ... I'm using one small USB stick which is always plugged in, and this seems to work just fine, with no hindrance to the available room in the central handrest for other things ...