Xantia auxiliary belt tensioner bolt

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

orosurf
My Cars:

Xantia auxiliary belt tensioner bolt

Post by orosurf »

Hi, can anyone here tell me which way the thread goes on the lower auxiliary belt tensioner ? The 8mm female hex bolt I mean. I can't get it undone and I think I have rounded the socket. I am wondering if it is a left - hand thread ? I guess I will have to drill it out or weld something to it now to get it undone. Hoping it is just a normal thread so I can find a replacement . I am in Russia with the car so spares are not easy to get.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Xantia auxiliary belt tensioner bolt

Post by CitroJim »

It's a standard right-hand thread but it can be really very tight.

Try hammering a slightly larger Torx bit in before resorting to drilling it out.

Even if you do need to drill it you'll find it's just a normal and very standard Allen setscrew that will be easy to find a suitable replacement for.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
orosurf
My Cars:

Re: Xantia auxiliary belt tensioner bolt

Post by orosurf »

Thanks very much Jim ! Super fast response !! :) I tried everything I had to shift it without success . I thought either drill it out or weld a bit in there.
At least I know now it can be replaced easily enough. Thanks again.
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

You have a set of left-hand drill bits? They could come in handy.