Citroen C5 Suspension Serious Fault

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

pyghtlepete

Citroen C5 Suspension Serious Fault

Post by pyghtlepete »

Hi all,

I am new to this forum and hope you guys can help. I have read many of the useful advice and information on other posts and tried out a number of possible solutions to my problem but no luck so far.
Car: 2002 2.2 hdi automatic estate 130000 miles aprox
Problem: suspension sank to lowest position and doesn't go back up
Checks so far: all fuses for pump (ones under main fuse box). No leaks from pipes etc and fluid in reservoir. Applied pressure to reservoir with bleed kit but no reaction from pump. Followed procedure for battery removal charge and refit, overnight. Visually inspected all connections but no obvious problems. Disconnected wd40ed and reconnected a variety of components related to the suspension including rear height corrector.
Lexia: bought a lexia kit online from private seller (ebay) and spent nearly 3 days trying to get it working on my Xp sp3 laptop. No help from seller and instructions on CDs are very poor. Used this forum and YouTube and have managed to get it to talk to the C5 briefly but it would not communicate with anything from the injection downwards during a global test. I have tried various configurations of the software including going back to the old version of lexia and also using the newish diagbox but same results! I think I will be looking for my money back on this item!
Help! Is there any kind sole out there who could offer advice or perhaps has a working version of lexia that they would consider using on my C5? I am in Wellingborough Northamptonshire. Car is on axel stands at the back and ramps at the front and isn't going anywhere!
Sorry for the long post but wanted to give as much information as possible!
Hope you guys can help,
Pete
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: Citroen C5 Suspension Serious Fault

Post by myglaren »

Welcome to the FCF :welc:

There are quite a number of threads here that touch on the same or similar problems.

The prime suspect in your case would be the pump motor. They suffer internal corrosion that eats away the conductors.
Sometimes this is repairable, sometimes not depending on the severity of the corrosion.

I'll have a dig around and find a link to these threads in a while but in the meantime take a look at our list/map of members willing to run a Lexia diagnostic generally for beer money.
pyghtlepete

Post by pyghtlepete »

Thanks Myglaren!
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Ooops.
Previously:
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Thread 1

Thread 2

Thread 3

Thread 4

Thread 5

Thread 6

There are also some cross-references in those threads.

There are more links here but the above should at least get you started.
pyghtlepete

Post by pyghtlepete »

Thanks for the links mate. I think I will pull the pump out tomorrow and take it apart. As you said it seems like the most likely source.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Ooops.
Previously:
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

If it is that and it is unrepairable there are some to be had on eBay