Return to the fold and a tale to tell

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: Return to the fold and a tale to tell

Post by myglaren »

Hi Mike,
I had a C5 2.0 HDi 110 for a few years and found it excellent - I like a roomy car and favour estates.
It has been replaced with a hatchback but I frequently regret not getting another estate.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Hi Mike,

Great to see you again :-D

You could do worse than wehat use as a daily driver. A C1... Brillint little car with lots of room and comfy seats which i know is essential for you.

As the new model is now out I'd expect early ones (from 55 plate onward) to be now cheaper but even mine brand-new was not expensive plus it's stuplidly cheap to run..
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

Hi Steve and Jim :)

The C5 seemed the natural progression from the Xantia and is coming into my price range. I have test-driven more C4's though as these seem the most popular. I've not considered anything smaller for a number of reasons (loading space mostly) but on the advice, I'll see if I can get a test drive.