Valeting car before hols...waste of time.

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

waynedance

Valeting car before hols...waste of time.

Post by waynedance »

Chap at work said waste of time washing, hoovering and polishing car before trip to cornwall was a waste of time.

He was right as on day 2 nice coating of dried on sand.

And its full of sand...:cry:

Bit of ocd on keeping car clean....its killing me seeing it so dirty.:lol:
Volvo S80 D5.........
C5 2.2HDi Exclusive 2003 manual (now gone).
2009 Renault Megane, the misses drive.
Had a 1988 BX 19TRS Auto many moons ago.
Forgive any spelling mistakes, it's the phone not me.
Northern_Mike

Re: Valeting car before hols...waste of time.

Post by Northern_Mike »

waynedance wrote:Chap at work said waste of time washing, hoovering and polishing car before trip to cornwall was a waste of time.
This is what's known as "stating the bleedin' obvious".

We went to Cornwall with the Berlingo back in April 2013. I'm still finding sand in it when it gets hoovered out, despite me cleaning it really, really well when got back.
BW
My Cars: Xantia V6
2cv Special

Post by BW »

Ouch! Think I'll give Cornwall a miss them :-D
1985 2cv
2000 Xantia V6
Timmo
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 58 partner teepee outdoor hdi.
58 C2 Code in black! Fun!

Post by Timmo »

Try living down here! Especially with a dog! I used to keep a clean car but seems the wife thiught it amusing to treat my car the same shedoes hers, being ex trade valeting it pains me, but just givenup now! Silver has its advantages!
Btw, looks like perrenporth??
After All, I am the Cornish one!

'58 C2 Code
'58 partner teepee outdoor
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Timmo wrote:Try living down here!
We spent 10 days based in Bude last year, and used the time to visit as much of Cornwall as possible. Did Lands End, Sennen, St. Michael's mount, Lizard, and as many beaches as we could, with a 3 year old. Car's still got plenty of sand in it. I've given up trying to clean it. If I lived down there, I'd go completely loopy with it all over the place.
Timmo
(Donor 2022)

Post by Timmo »

Having the black bx was a nightmare, looked dirty within an hour of the full treatment! Is currently more green than black hehe!
We are 5mins from the nearest beach and regular visitors, car has So much crap in it from the kids,dog and wife i dispair! Cant sit in the passenger side comfortably due to her sruff! All Needs tobe there! I hate it, if its not needed then dont leave it in there! I never lock it on that basis, nothing worth stealing in it! -part the joy of living down here! ;-)

'58 C2 Code
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Timmo wrote:Having the black bx was a nightmare, looked dirty within an hour of the full treatment! Is currently more green than black hehe!
We are 5mins from the nearest beach and regular visitors,
When I lived abroad, we lived about 300yds from the beach too. We had a old Beetle that we used to used to go to the beach in to cart visitors and all the kit down there (surfboards, associated tat). It was an old '68 Beetle. I think there was more sand in it than on the beach.
waynedance

Post by waynedance »

it is Perranporth well done. ....a good clean when it gets home will clean glass for trip back.
Volvo S80 D5.........
C5 2.2HDi Exclusive 2003 manual (now gone).
2009 Renault Megane, the misses drive.
Had a 1988 BX 19TRS Auto many moons ago.
Forgive any spelling mistakes, it's the phone not me.
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Post by daviemck2006 »

It's the same up here. The outside of the car gets dirty as soon as it gets washed. Inside is not so bad no I'm just myself, rarely is there anyone in it but me so only myself to blame. I have a set of seat covers on it now too so they can come off and into the washer. When my kids were little and we had a caravan the car was always full of sand, grass, and my pet hate, fingerprints and handprints on the glass. I never touch the glass with my bare skin.
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Northern_Mike

Re:

Post by Northern_Mike »

daviemck2006 wrote:It's the same up here. The outside of the car gets dirty as soon as it gets washed. Inside is not so bad no I'm just myself, rarely is there anyone in it but me so only myself to blame. I have a set of seat covers on it now too so they can come off and into the washer. When my kids were little and we had a caravan the car was always full of sand, grass, and my pet hate, fingerprints and handprints on the glass. I never touch the glass with my bare skin.
My car is nearly always spotless inside, but filthy outside. The M4, M25 and roads around it just had me give up on cleaning it a while ago.

My wife's car, i.e. The Berlingo, is a total sh1t-tip.. I usually take it up to the chaps at the garden centre to have it cleaned properly every couple of months when I can no longer stand the filth.
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Post by daviemck2006 »

It's easier keeping the inside clean when it's just yourself in the car. I cant stand dust on the dash as well as the fingerprints. My one is badly in need of a wash just now, I think it will just get the jetwash at the garage next time I go for fuel. I'm not too good just now for pulling out the hose and hand washing. However I would rather have it dirty than use a drive through! At least your next C5 is silver, and it will have a good coat of polish and wax on it so will be very easily washed Mike.
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Timmo
(Donor 2022)

Post by Timmo »

Dog in the boot and pointy handed children =back 5windows marked up! Hate it, regularly clean the glass but wife doesn't seem to care, wipes window with her sleeve rather than the roll of kitchen roll i leave in it!
Infact, she came back this eve with the back tyre looking very podgy, when i commented on it, 'is not my problem now' was the delightful response! Suddenly it seems we Really Doo need a second car! ;-)

'58 C2 Code