Heater/aircon meltdown

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

locostmike

Heater/aircon meltdown

Post by locostmike »

Hi Folks,

This is a follow-up post to my previous problem. The heater and aircon don't respond at all, no fan/heat/aircon. The rear screen heater works as does the heater fan if a current is applied directly to it's feed wires. I guess I need a new control unit that seems impossible to access easily. There's a replacement control unit available but I can't access the old one in the car to compare part numbers to ensure it will fit. Is there a way of using the chassis number to resolve this? Is there another cure? Any help very gratefully received

Mike
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: Heater/aircon meltdown

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

If you post up the last 8 digits of the VIN somebody with the relevant access will be able to look it up and give you the information you need.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Mike,

Which car is this? Just so we can move this thread to the correct section of the forum please :)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

It's a 2001 Xantia Estate with AC Jim..
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

The climate ECU is located vertically on the RH side behind the glove box, and is relatively easy to access once the glove box is removed. I've got a spare one you can have I think. I doubt this is the problem though - it's more likely just a loss of power to the fan - if the fan is not running, then you won't get any heat / cold into the car. Check that there is 12V on the power wires on the fan. If not, then investigate the relay down above the throttle pedal to see if it has 12V on it. Does the AC swtich light up? There are several long threads about failure of the power supply to the fan on MK2s - there's a splice in the wire somewhere that fails, but it can remedied by jumping in a new supply.
Richard W
locostmike

Post by locostmike »

Thanks RichardW and others, I'm away this weekend so will get onto it next week.
locostmike

Post by locostmike »

Hi RichardW,

my mechanic is still wrestling with the problem, could I buy the unit from you that you mentioned?

Kind Regards

Mike