Citrojim's AX, Pixo, C3, Running and Cycling Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

KP

Re: Citrojim's Xantia, C1 and XM Tales

Post by KP »

Yip, which I honestly think is a crying shame. If they had their act together and did it right from the start the US market would be ripe for them as they produce good cars for long distances and economical cars as well when you think of the 1.6hdi c5 and the 1.0l c1 :)
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker

Post by addo »

I haven't seen inside a C5 or 407 heater box but the earlier ones which stuck, seemed to stick because they tried too hard for a close tolerance fit between flaps and chambers - the casing distorts, the flaps bind and it's all over.

A dash job with a clued-up helper is just magic. It really does halve your time.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re:

Post by CitroJim »

Ahh, now that sounds very good Adam as the axles snap from excess torsion by the looks of it....
addo wrote: A dash job with a clued-up helper is just magic. It really does halve your time.
A helper is absolutely necessary really, if only to assist in lifting out the dash as the 407 one is both bulky and heavy.

I must say that on a successful conclusion of the job it's most satisfying.

Forgot to say, we also found the aircon leak - a split flexi pipe from the compressor to the condenser - replaced the pipe and regassed the system. It now all works a treat.

I believe that pipe splitting is also a very common fault on the 407 and that too has been redesigned. Luckily it's not expensive and easy to swap. If it was the other compressor pipe it would be a bit of a devil.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
KP

Post by KP »

Ooo I'll give that a check on my dads as well then as his has a leak somewhere! Fairy liquid and water over the pipes should do it I reckon :)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

After a happening this weekend my little C1 is now forever going to be known as 'Eyelashes' :)

I parked it behind a car in our Close that I thought was not going to move any time soon but as always that was not so. The owner popped over and asked if I would please move Eyelashes so that she could move her car :lol:

So that's it, the C1 has a name...

I do find that at 60mph the eyelashes don't half become agitated...

Huge thanks to Chris and Liam for another sterling effort today. Much appreciated indeed =D> :-D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

CitroJim wrote:I do find that at 60mph the eyelashes don't half become agitated...
She is flirting!
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Hell Razor5543 wrote:
CitroJim wrote:I do find that at 60mph the eyelashes don't half become agitated...
She is flirting!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Jim

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker

Post by addo »

Will she age gracefully and become Madam Lash? :twisted:
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re:

Post by CitroJim »

addo wrote:Will she age gracefully and become Madam Lash? :twisted:
That's a scary thought Adam :twisted: :lol:
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

I'm such a naughty boy :twisted:

And I know why I love baking so much :P I've just baked a fruitcake and whenever I bake a cake I just have to lick all the raw dough off the utensils and mixing bowl - delicious :P :mrgreen:

I lick them so clean they barely need washing up!

Yes, I know the dough contains a lot of raw egg but do I care? Can't go wasting lovely raw cake dough! It's just too gorgeous :mrgreen:

Later today I'll be doing an oil change and service on my V6. After going for a smile in my Activa :-D

I'd better do some checks on the C1 too. Not looked under the bonnet for weeks... Well, at least two :roll:

The C1 is not far off 1,000 miles now.
Jim

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker

Post by addo »

Righto, I'm sending Nigella Lawson around this evening to remonstrate with you...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re:

Post by CitroJim »

addo wrote:Righto, I'm sending Nigella Lawson around this evening to remonstrate with you...
Ohh yes please :-D We could bake such lovely things together :P :mrgreen:
Jim

KP

Post by KP »

Ooo can I have seconds on nigella ;)
Northern_Mike

Re: Re: Re:

Post by Northern_Mike »

CitroJim wrote:
addo wrote:Righto, I'm sending Nigella Lawson around this evening to remonstrate with you...
Ohh yes please :-D We could bake such lovely things together :P :mrgreen:
Strange chap. I'd just shag her instead.
KP

Post by KP »

You have to look under the bonnet at a small empty space?! Whatever for?! It has a warranty Jim! Just do what every other owner does. Fill it with washer fluid thimball's when it runs out and not worry about the rest until a month before he warranty expires :D