Relative Adversity

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Relative Adversity

Post by addo »

I had cause to drag in a plumber today, a blocked sewer that was brewing away rather too well.

He turns up, seventy-six years old, three weeks past major prostate surgery, still with a catheter embedded in his abdomen. :shock: As you might imagine, I was happy to lift the gear and carry everything of weight. One he was stood in the trench, in control of the electric eel, there were no hassles - but he would have struggled without the help in setting up. Job done, I helped him get back out, all packed up and off home. He did alright on the wage, I also thought the price fair - barely $25 more for 60 years' practical experience rather than hiring the tools and just supplying my own labour.

Not one whinge from the fellow about his health; he was happy to come, pleased to work. It was a dry, sunny midwinter's day with parrots noisily scoffing the seeds in nearby trees. In a country without oppression, without famine - a reminder of just how much life is about perception.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Relative Adversity

Post by CitroJim »

addo wrote:In a country without oppression, without famine - a reminder of just how much life is about perception.
Bang on the money Adam :-D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Perception and not having pre-concieved ideas about a place when you first visit it.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk