And good on keeping fit and not pushing yourself too much
CitroJim's AX, C3 Picasso, Cycling and Running Tales
-
KP
- Posts: 3980
- Joined: 10 Jul 2006, 12:11
- x 27
Re: Citrojim's Xantia and XM Tales
Good to have you Back Jim!
And good on keeping fit and not pushing yourself too much
And good on keeping fit and not pushing yourself too much
-
Trainman
- (Donor 2018)
- Posts: 2593
- Joined: 21 Aug 2009, 11:58
- x 43
Re: Citrojim's Xantia and XM Tales
Ditto, the comments above, It's good to know you're up and about and, by the sound of things, feeling considerably better.............. Can't make the X rally
One of those twists of fate.............
Good to have you back.
Good to have you back.
Steve
2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
http://c6owners.org/index.php
2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
http://c6owners.org/index.php
-
addo
- Sara Watson's Stalker
- Posts: 7098
- Joined: 19 Aug 2008, 12:38
- x 95
-
Mandrake
- Posts: 8692
- Joined: 10 Apr 2005, 17:23
- x 695
Re: Citrojim's Xantia and XM Tales
Glad to hear you've made such a recovery Jim. 
When you go silent for a long time I do wonder whether your health has either gone down, or its got better to the point where you're too busy to be on the forum. Now we know!
It is good to see you back in action here though...
When you go silent for a long time I do wonder whether your health has either gone down, or its got better to the point where you're too busy to be on the forum. Now we know!
It is good to see you back in action here though...
Simon
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White
1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1978 CX 2400
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White
1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1978 CX 2400
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55063
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8386
Re: Citrojim's Xantia and XM Tales
Thanks you Simon, it's very much appreciated..
I have my 6 monthly follow-up appointment next month where we have to report how things are following the intensive course of learning how to manage the condition. I have many good things to tell them
Sounds sad but the fact is my life is like a military operation these days but it works...
I have my 6 monthly follow-up appointment next month where we have to report how things are following the intensive course of learning how to manage the condition. I have many good things to tell them
Absolutely, I'm not saying life has calmed down but I'm managing busy a bit better these daysMandrake wrote: When you go silent for a long time I do wonder whether your health has either gone down, or its got better to the point where you're too busy to be on the forum. Now we know!
It is very good to be back! I realised actually how much I missed it. To ensure I do stay I've made some adjustments to my daily schedule to incorporate some forum time... You'll only see me on here and Club-XM on a regular basis as that's all I have time for. I do occasionally visit FarceBook if the forums are quiet and I have a little spare forum time left...Mandrake wrote:It is good to see you back in action here though...
Sounds sad but the fact is my life is like a military operation these days but it works...
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
daviemck2006
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5033
- Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
- x 496
Re: Citrojim's Xantia and XM Tales
Good that your health is improved. It is a lot to do with managing things well.
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55063
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8386
Re: Citrojim's Xantia and XM Tales
I woke the XM up from its rest yesterday for a general check-over. The good news is that it's mostly OK. The bad news is that it needs a new oxygen sensor but the really bad news is the exhaust has holed again near the transverse box.
It's been fixed there a few times in the past with welded patches but this time it looks a bit terminal...
I'm not at all sure what to do for the moment as whatever I do is going to be horribly expensive and the piggy bank holding the playing with cars funds is looking distinctly anorexic...
The XM may now rest for much longer than planned as a result although if any 25th anniversary events are being staged I'm sure it can make a guest appearance there..
It's been fixed there a few times in the past with welded patches but this time it looks a bit terminal...
I'm not at all sure what to do for the moment as whatever I do is going to be horribly expensive and the piggy bank holding the playing with cars funds is looking distinctly anorexic...
The XM may now rest for much longer than planned as a result although if any 25th anniversary events are being staged I'm sure it can make a guest appearance there..
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
Chris570
- (Donor 2020)
- Posts: 1487
- Joined: 12 Dec 2009, 14:10
- x 36
Re: Citrojim's Xantia and XM Tales
We'll talk later 
2006 C5 HDi 170
1998 Xantia Activa S1
1971 D Special
2018 Renault Zoe,
1998 Xantia Activa S1
1971 D Special
2018 Renault Zoe,
A 1/3 of Team WFA 'Clarkson'CitroJim wrote: I'm a pink fairy
-
RichardW
- Forum Treasurer
- Posts: 12579
- Joined: 07 Aug 2002, 17:12
- x 1487
Re: Citrojim's Xantia and XM Tales
You can still buy one from Citroen - a mere £655
Any idea what bore the pipe is? I've got some 60mm lying in the garage - part of my HDi, and part of Simon's V6 that hasn't found its way to the tip yet - a foot or so could easily find its way into the post!
Any idea what bore the pipe is? I've got some 60mm lying in the garage - part of my HDi, and part of Simon's V6 that hasn't found its way to the tip yet - a foot or so could easily find its way into the post!
Richard W
-
DHallworth
- (Donor 2025)
- Posts: 2436
- Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 17:05
- x 167
Re: Citrojim's Xantia and XM Tales
Bloody hell that's gone up!
I bought one from Citroen in 2008 and paid just over £450 for it. I remember cursing the fact I had an XM back then!
It's usually on the Y where the pipes join that they start to leak. Might be worth looking into the cost of a stainless one Jim.
David.
I bought one from Citroen in 2008 and paid just over £450 for it. I remember cursing the fact I had an XM back then!
It's usually on the Y where the pipes join that they start to leak. Might be worth looking into the cost of a stainless one Jim.
David.
'98 Xantia Activa V6 
'00 XM V6 Exclusive
'15 C4 BlueHDi Feel
'00 XM V6 Exclusive
'15 C4 BlueHDi Feel
-
Miguel
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55063
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8386
Re:
It is on the Y David, just as the single pipe goes into the transverse box..

Thank you Miguel, that will be very good. I look forward to hearing from youMiguel wrote:I get details and post to Jim later.
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
addo
- Sara Watson's Stalker
- Posts: 7098
- Joined: 19 Aug 2008, 12:38
- x 95
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55063
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8386
Re:
A slight modification is needed to that statement Adam...addo wrote:Bloody UK - always inventing new places for rust to appear.![]()
Bloody XM - always inventing new places for rust to appear.
That's more like it
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
Mandrake
- Posts: 8692
- Joined: 10 Apr 2005, 17:23
- x 695
Re: Citrojim's Xantia and XM Tales
That remark could be easily misinterpreted!RichardW wrote: and part of Simon's V6 that hasn't found its way to the tip yet
Simon
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White
1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1978 CX 2400
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White
1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1978 CX 2400
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD