A propos absolutely nothing

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

A propos absolutely nothing

Post by uhn113x »

Hi fellow avocados
Please ignore this post if you are busy, or have dropped your toast buttered side down.
Whilst perusing this excellent forum, it struck me that we have a wide spectrum of user names.
Some are just the member's name, maybe occasionally reversed, as in PowerLee.
Others have a connection with their owner or their vehicle, like Visa16GTi or ItDontGo (or even uhn113x - wife's car registration)
Some, however, are intriguing:
Does 'goose' keep geese, between panel bashing?
What is a 'crooser'?
Surely 'BXBodger' doesn't really bodge BXs?
Does 'DarkEndViper' keep reptiles with one end lighter than the other?
Does 'Forth' have a connection with the river or the language?
We should be told! [}:)]
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Surely 'BXBodger' doesn't really bodge BXs?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Not normally!!!!, although it does have a piece of bright orange council cable trunking I got from some roadworks in place of the air intake hose that Citroen provided, which decided to collapse internally!!( its amazing the difference this hoses absence makes to the noise level...)
I am nicknamed "bodger" at work due to my ability to fix dead fax machines, printers, open locked draws,etc, using McGyver techniques with common office objects like paper clips and scissors.
I added the BX bit to denote the car.
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

I often pay my mortgage by working as a mobile mechanic so my spanners are invariably oily.
Stewart
uhn113x
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bxbodger</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Surely 'BXBodger' doesn't really bodge BXs?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Not normally!!!!, although it does have a piece of bright orange council cable trunking I got from some roadworks in place of the air intake hose that Citroen provided, which decided to collapse internally!!( its amazing the difference this hoses absence makes to the noise level...)
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
That is quite excusable! [:D] I always wondered why they put the little holes in this bit of pipe!
ralph
My Cars:

Post by ralph »

uhn113x, given where you live, Heavy Woollen would have been a top moniker for you. Or how about Spengali?
My catchline is my middle name. I realise it makes me sound like I'm 88, but I'm a mere 33.
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

ah I was wondering how on earth you chose the user name uhn113x, presumed you just randomly hit the keyboard when filling in the form :)
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

No, thats Dyane's name.
My user name is at least my own (which shows a lack of imagination, I suppose.)
Jon

Post by Jon »

Hah! Changed my hundrum user name from Jon to something more witty. Probably change it back soon as I can at least remember my own name whatever the time of day.
uhn113x
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ralph</i>

uhn113x, given where you live, Heavy Woollen would have been a top moniker for you. Or how about Spengali?
My catchline is my middle name. I realise it makes me sound like I'm 88, but I'm a mere 33.
Ah, Ralph, someone with HSBC Local Knowledge! [:D]
Unless, of course, you are David Firth who does my MOTs
uhn113x
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by VisaGTi16v</i>

ah I was wondering how on earth you chose the user name uhn113x, presumed you just randomly hit the keyboard when filling in the form :)
I think that is what the Cleveland LVLO did, Darren [:)]
[img]http://tinypic.com/bh642][/img]
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

Nice, my dad had quite a few 2cv's and dyanes then moved onto visa's. He drove to the top of spain in a 2cv on his honeymoon with my mum 29 years ago or something (must check heh)
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

That is one pretty Dyane.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Nice motor. Would look better in my garage though. Ah, then again you can keep it, I'm after that ellusive Renault Feugo 2.0GTX for free. Still nice motor.
uhn113x
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

You would have to argue with my wife first - it is hers! Just noticed that it is nearly up to (genuine) 32000 miles - have to get oil-changing! Only had 26500 when we got her, but done a couple of 3000 mile European trips since then!
Stuart - I do like Visas - especially the 652 twin-pots - they are a very underrated and unloved car.
I borrowed one from a pal for a week to sort his brakes and electronic ignition (sorted) and got to like it - I could be tempted, still!
Just to whet your appetites, here is the biggest member of the fleet (the black one, not its owner) [;)]
ralph
My Cars:

Post by ralph »

Quite a fleet Mike, you must keep my namesake busy at the MoT station.
No, we're not the same person, but I know Spen is full of Firths, I used to cover Cleckheaton and beyond as a reporter for the Telegraph and Argus a few years ago.
I'm sure you and your 'strange' cars fit right in, I recall Liversedge had a councillor called Sheard who had a collection of toilet bowls in his garden.
He put bedding plants in them - top bloke!
By the way, I'm on the other side of Bradford in Shipley.