Garage

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Garage

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Well we all could do with a bigger garage, no not just to store our bits in, but to also work on the car.

So I wouldn't mind a garage this size......................

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/g ... 53203.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Although I would want a more affordable big one, and obviously because of that in a different location.
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.
Eddie Nuff
New User
My Cars:

Post by Eddie Nuff »

It never ceases to amaze me the price paid for bricks and mortar in London . . . no matter what it is!
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Re: Garage

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Eddie Nuff wrote:It never ceases to amaze me the price paid for bricks and mortar in London . . . no matter what it is!
Same here!

The thing is the council had been using it to store the mayors' car for many years!

So it's now being stored where?

They could have thought about that before, and stored it with the other vehicles at the civic amenity depot yard.

Which would have released the capital tied up previously, this looks like profiteering.

Where the garage is located, it is apparently a lot of industrial units, so if it gets converted to residential use, then the new owner who buys it off the developer, might well then lodge a complaint with the council about access, and or noise.

As the units were there before, and as the right hand garage wall which forms a boundary (when looking at the garage front) to the park next to it, then consideration about keeping it commercial would be the best way to go to keep the status quo.

Although it's all about location, and money talks, so despite anything, including a covenant (probably attended to by the council before the sale, to get rid of any legal obstacle, that would affect their chance of making a lot of money from it) apparently it was expected to go for the guide price of £200,000, and as the article shows it went for £550,000 so they will probably ensure they can do everything to assist the buyer with what they want.
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.