Road rage!

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Sl4yer
My Cars:

Re: Road rage!

Post by Sl4yer »

Fake Concern wrote:I had a close call with a truck the other day & have it to mull over (in fact I put it on Pistonheads for evaluation
For me, he was clearly trying to stop you getting in. But as much as I would blame him, I blame this sort of road design. In every other field, 2 into 1 doesn't go. But in traffic management it seems to be OK, whether it's a motorway slip road as in this case, or urban traffic lights. All is does is encourage aggressive driving (not accusing you of this BTW). Nowadays lots of traffic lights have two lanes, merging into 1 after about 50 yards. Must be great for the planners to double the capacity of the junction, but of course it doesn't work like that! Traffic slows down to merge, and backs up causing this type of incident.

For what it's worth, I'd have overtaken the Focus.

From the way you joined the main motorway, I assume you were driving an Audi or a BMW? :P

James
Now Citroenless for the first time in 20 years
2008 Mazda RX-8 231
2007 Honda CR-V Auto
Fake Concern
My Cars:

Post by Fake Concern »

Sl4yer wrote:
Fake Concern wrote:I had a close call with a truck the other day & have it to mull over (in fact I put it on Pistonheads for evaluation
For me, he was clearly trying to stop you getting in. But as much as I would blame him, I blame this sort of road design. In every other field, 2 into 1 doesn't go. But in traffic management it seems to be OK, whether it's a motorway slip road as in this case, or urban traffic lights. All is does is encourage aggressive driving (not accusing you of this BTW). Nowadays lots of traffic lights have two lanes, merging into 1 after about 50 yards. Must be great for the planners to double the capacity of the junction, but of course it doesn't work like that! Traffic slows down to merge, and backs up causing this type of incident.

For what it's worth, I'd have overtaken the Focus.

From the way you joined the main motorway, I assume you were driving an Audi or a BMW? :P

James
I agree with you on the bad road design & in retrospect going in front of the Focus was a good idea. At the time I intended that everyone used the "zip" method to join in order.
However as you know deciding what to do at the time & hindsight are 2 different things, that's what's so good about the cameras.
I was driving my C4, I admit to being a bit childish and annoyed so I just got right out of his way as quick as i could & you can see it was clear to do this. Luckily I had my speed limiter set or I may have been going much too fast before I noticed!
Fake Concern, Volvo C30 T5 2011
Mrs Concern, Renault Moodus 1.6 Privilege 2004
Ms Concern No1, Pug 207 1.4 2008
Ms Concern No2, Citroen C4 VTS 2007
evilally
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by evilally »

It's a very busy bit of road with 2 lanes going down to 1. It is unavoidable that traffic will come into contention with each other, and any sensible person will allow traffic to merge. Not doing so would be stupid and dangerous, and anyone flashing and gesturing probably needs to grow up and learn to control themselves before trying to control a large vehicle like a truck.
'96 405 1.6 GLX with 306 GTI engine on Cat cams @ 195bhp

'05 RenaultSport Clio 182 Cup, 102k

'97 406 1.9TD, 314k.