C5 Mk3 (2013) Audio (Radio) AUX functions

This section is for General Enquiries or for Systems not Covered Above

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

donwb

C5 Mk3 (2013) Audio (Radio) AUX functions

Post by donwb »

I have recently had an aftermarket GPS Sat Nav system fitted, which also includes Bluetooth for the Telephone.

The problem I have is if I receive a call in the vehicle, when I am looking, say, at the Sat Nav map screen,
although the display is automatically switched from that, to the "telephone" screen, any audio function I have been using at the same time
(eg the radio, or music from the USB port) is NOT muted, and I don't hear the incoming call's ringtones.

Only when I have the third source selected (3.5mm jack input which has nothing plugged in) do I then hear the incoming ringtone.

I am told that to overcome this problem, I need to have the radio programmed with a "DIAG BOX"
so that AUX-2 is set to "with external mute".

Unfortunately when I discussed this with my dealership, they say only AUX-1 can be accessed (ie programmed - it can be turned on and off)
but it is apparently always turned on because it is used by the radio.

I could ask the garage to plug their "DIAG BOX" in and investigate, but the half hours work it would entail would cost me £50.00
and might reveal nothing.

Any views or advice would be much appreciated.

donwb
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: C5 Mk3 (2013) Audio (Radio) AUX functions

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

You could always ask a forum member with a Lexia if they could help. Here is the map of Lexia owners;

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 19&t=29178" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By the way, welcome to the forum.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Post by vborovic »

I0m not sure what you mean by aftermarket, since the only alternatives to those of Citroen I saw so far are chinese units, that have a lot of functions, and are usually run on a Windows CE system ... in which case, I don't think a lexia will help you, since it only supports PSA nav units (myWay, eMyyWay, 3DNavidrive ... or there are alternative names fro them, like RNEG, RT5, RT6, NG4) ... Are there any setup/config functions on that unit, maybe you can fiddle with the parameters and set it right
donwb

Post by donwb »

The system I have is called IGO 3D navigation supplied by Nav Inc of Holland.
which might also be known as 3DNavidrive.

Here's a link:-
http://www.navinc.nl/C52010-201-?s=2130" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There are no set up functions that I haven't tried.

Regards
donwb
donwb

Post by donwb »

Hell Razor5543 wrote:You could always ask a forum member with a Lexia if they could help. Here is the map of Lexia owners;

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 19&t=29178" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By the way, welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the response.
I am in the process of contacting a Lexia owner near me.

Regards
donwb
vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Post by vborovic »

That's what I had in mind by chinese products, you could find a ton of different kinds on aliexpress for example ... I don't know how the work, they're essentially different (system) than everything Citroen normally offers ... iGo is not the name of the system, that's actually the map system that's used in this product (or a feature if you'd like) ...