Yesterday, I decided on a clear-out, but ended up with a re-organisation. From the garden shed, I took both sets of golf clubs and electric trolley (unused for three years) and stored them in the garage roof space, along with some other bits and pieces. From the garage, I moved the toolboxes and trolley into the shed, followed by various other tools. I fixed chipboard sections to the breezeblock walls and knocked in some brackets and nails. All the garden tools were hung up, along with saws, workmate table and a host of spanners etc.
All that was left on the garage floor was a small cabinet with plant food/weedkiller. etc. A small trolley with battery charger, wash bucket and sponge/chamois, shampoo/polish. and lastly, the tumble drier.
All stacked neatly under the boiler at the rear of the garage. Now I have to unlock the shed to get my tools, but most importantly, the C5 is now proudly installed in a warm dry home. OK, I had to fold the mirrors in as I passed through the up and over door and swoop over to the left so that I could get out of the car, but it is in, and looking magnificent in it's winter home. It's about three inches clear of the tumble drier at the front, and the garage door clears the top of the boot lid by about an inch when the door is closing.
Why do they make "standard" garages so blooming small, and why do we proceed to use them for storing anything but our cars! Maybe it won't be suitable , but for now, the Clio stays in the drive.
(Got a sore back again though, golf clubs and trolleys ain't light)