306 tdi poor starting

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

kevin
My Cars:

306 tdi poor starting

Post by kevin »

Since the start of the cold weather my 306 is becoming reluctant to start in the cold mornings, rather like its driver! The car requires at least 3 cycles with blue smoke emmitting from the exhaust when the car does eventually spring into life. I assume the blue smoke indicates injector wear. I have changed the heater plugs and checked the fuel system with no sucess.
I seen to recall there was a modification to the bosch injector's by a fitment of a slightly stronger spring as well as some adjustment to the goveners in the pump.
Can anyone advise on this as well as any costs.
Thanks
K Whitehead
pug406glx
My Cars:

Post by pug406glx »

In addition to replacing the glow plugs, have you tested/replaced the glow plug relay? This may not be heating the plugs for long enough. This can be tested by warming the plugs 2 or 3 times before cranking the engine. If it starts better by doing that, then the problem definitely lies in the glow plug system.
kevin
My Cars:

Post by kevin »

<font face='Verdana'></font id='Verdana'>Thanks, I will try this on the next cold morning. I am assuming this will show the control box is on the way out?. With the blue smoke being the unburnt fuel or the injectors in need of service.
Kevin