Bah humbug! A retreat for those lacking in Xmas spirit

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: Funny pictures and videos

Post by myglaren »

It isn't the visual aspect that is important, it's the voice.
She looks different now at almost 14. Only ten in this clip.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I don't do Christmas. Full Stop. I hate it with a passion.

The girls get something from me though. I ask what they want and if the request is reasonable they get it.

I'm getting annoyed now that shops are beginning to get all blood festive. Bah Humbug and then some...

I hate Christmas dinner heavily. Turkey I detest, sprouts are revolting, I don't do roasts really so this year I'm doing duck a l'orange for a small gathering of like-minded friends...

I do like Christmas cake though. I baked mine is September and have been steadily feeding it brandy..
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

If you do Christmas Pudding, the Hidden Orange Christmas pudding from Waitrose a very good, and this year they have added a different one to the choice list; Hidden Chocolate Sauce.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Hell Razor5543 wrote:If you do Christmas Pudding, the Hidden Orange Christmas pudding from Waitrose a very good, and this year they have added a different one to the choice list; Hidden Chocolate Sauce.
James, I only do home-made :-D

And I'm not posh enough for Waitrose. I' have a life-time ban from al their shops...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

CitroJim wrote:And I'm not posh enough for Waitrose. I' have a life-time ban from al their shops...
Jim, if Waitrose had a posh ban, I would not be allowed in any of their stores either. However, not only do I get to go in them, I have found that the staff are the friendliest people I have to deal with (and I repair till equipment at a lot of different clients). They do care (and it is not just because the partners own shares in the John Lewis companies). Their prices may not be the lowest, but (according to my cousin Robert) their quality and standards are the highest he has come across.

Just to illustrate their attitude, I recently had a pig of a job to do at their branch in Berkhampstead. While I wasn't able to complete it (their IT team had to dial in to complete, but as it was late that would not happen until the following morning), I was able to resolve quite a few problems. The manager was grateful for my assistance, so much so that he gave me a bottle of Chateauneuf-du-Pape for (as he put it) "going over and above what was expected". I felt that I was just doing my job to the best of my ability. Can anybody tell me of any other supermarket who would do this for a mere engineer? I cannot think of any myself.
Last edited by Hell Razor5543 on 08 Dec 2013, 14:50, edited 1 time in total.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

CitroJim wrote:
Hell Razor5543 wrote:If you do Christmas Pudding, the Hidden Orange Christmas pudding from Waitrose a very good, and this year they have added a different one to the choice list; Hidden Chocolate Sauce.
James, I only do home-made :-D

And I'm not posh enough for Waitrose. I' have a life-time ban from al their shops...
I got banned from High Wycombe Asda many years ago!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I once saw somebody get barred from McDonalds' (and no, it wasn't me getting barred!).
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Xantidote
My Cars:

Post by Xantidote »

CitroJim wrote:this year I'm doing duck a l'orange
Nice choice that, Jim, but sorry I don't approve your dislike for sprouts! All a matter of personal choice of course :) Whilst growing up, my father grew most of the veg we ate as a family, including sprouts, and maybe this has influenced my liking for what doesn't seem to be a very popular veg nowadays, hence why they have been trying to produce a less bitter variety. I quite like the bitterness myself but like I say, each to their own.
Martin

1995 Xantia TDLX (deceased :( )
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Ahh now home produced sprouts carefully cooked is an entirely different matter Martin. I was spoilt by all home grown veg growing up and can't find anything in the shops that taste as good or indeed tastes of anything at all.. Tomatoes are a good case in point...

So, home grown sprouts I'd be fine with...
Jim

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Sprouts are like broccoli. Cooked properly they are lovely. More than a second overdone, and they are foul.

Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Northern_Mike wrote:Sprouts are like broccoli. Cooked properly they are lovely. More than a second overdone, and they are foul.

Danielle's mum started her sprouts back in August...
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Well, Waitrose (yes, them again) have got Brussels sprouts that children will like;

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... reens.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Xac wrote:
Northern_Mike wrote:Sprouts are like broccoli. Cooked properly they are lovely. More than a second overdone, and they are foul.

Danielle's mum started her sprouts back in August...
About the same time as I started my Christmas cake then :roll:
Jim

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

That "seasonal cake" sounds delicious. You might be ill-advised to eat and then drive, however.
bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Re: Bah humbug! A retreat for those lacking in Xmas spirit

Post by bobins »

Hell Razor5543 wrote:I once saw somebody get barred from McDonalds' (and no, it wasn't me getting barred!).
A guy I know got barred from a McD's for tipping a McFlurry over one of the staff's head as it didn't measure up to the one in the photo above the till !
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(