Davie's french attraction.

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.
daviemck2006
Donor 2024

Re: Davie's french attraction.

Unread post by daviemck2006 »

The c4 is going to a c4vts fan. He has had two already and regrets changing it for his jap track car. So that should be a good home. The guy with the shogun wants a track car/toy. Ive always fancied a 4x4. I will only have it a few months then sell it on. Dont fancy the £460 a year road tax. I'm keeping the 18" alloys so they will go on the c5 auto that will come my way someday.
Its a female name in the centre of aberdeen on the v5 so whats thay cliche about women drivets? I have a qoute for doing drivers side and passenger quarter and can get the passenger doors from the scrappie cheap so it will sort nice and cheaply yhen get sold. I really dont like it, seats not comfy, dont go far enough back and it has less grip than slicks on an ice rink!
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen dispatch 2014
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
daviemck2006
Donor 2024

3 way swap didn't come off then, so no shogun for me then. Thats ok really at £460 for road tax I would not have kept it long. I keep getting stupid offers of swaps. Latest swap offer is another BMW, a bit better than the last one, a 325SE auto touring. Lots of problems here, it's x-reg, its a bmw, its done 150k, its a bmw, it's got rusty front wings,its a bmw, it's been advertised for months for £1500, its a bmw. A satisfactory swap I think not!!!!!!!!!! So VTS still just resting. I can see me putting it back on the road in the new year.
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen dispatch 2014
In the family
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Fake Concern

Unread post by Fake Concern »

Yay!
Fake Concern, Volvo C30 T5 2011
Mrs Concern, Renault Moodus 1.6 Privilege 2004
Ms Concern No1, Pug 207 1.4 2008
Ms Concern No2, Citroen C4 VTS 2007
bxzx16v

Unread post by bxzx16v »

Keep the Vts Davie, it seems a reasonable price your asking and it must be worth that next year, I wouldn't swop it for any old clunker, when I saw it at the National it looked a very nice example.if I didn't have the laguna I would have been tempted. It's just that the laguna is so capable and with it being the 175bhp diesel it will leave my Zx16v for dead in the real world (read,when you want to just waft about) the little Zx is a quick little thing but in a completely different way of.

Mark
2009 Landrover Freelander 2 TD4se (killed an Audi) , sadly now gone .
2012 Landrover Freelander 2 SD4 AUTO Love it . Now gone .
2014 Ford Bmax 1.0 Ecoboost Zetec . Fantastic little machine .Gone now.
2014 Ford Focus 2.0 Tdci Zetec S with the French heart.
daviemck2006
Donor 2024

Well I will be down to one car tomorrow. I'm happy in a way and sad in another. Happy cos I just made £200 profit for driving about im a decpicable honda civic for a month, happy that the C4 will be taxed and insured tomorrow and I'll enjoy driving again, but sad that I will still be pn the lookout for an auto. Think I'll try a c2 1.6 vtr sensodrive if I can find a cheap one, or a c4 or c5 auto. Or knowing me something totally different lolol
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen dispatch 2014
In the family
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Fake Concern

daviemck2006 wrote:Well I will be down to one car tomorrow. I'm happy in a way and sad in another. Happy cos I just made £200 profit for driving about im a decpicable honda civic for a month, happy that the C4 will be taxed and insured tomorrow and I'll enjoy driving again, but sad that I will still be pn the lookout for an auto. Think I'll try a c2 1.6 vtr sensodrive if I can find a cheap one, or a c4 or c5 auto. Or knowing me something totally different lolol
New career as a car dealer?
Well done with that Davie, should get you 6 Months tax & some petrol for the VTS.
Citroenmad

Unread post by Citroenmad »

daviemck2006 wrote:Think I'll try a c2 1.6 vtr sensodrive if I can find a cheap one
I'm not sure I would advise that, make sure its very cheap or if you can get one given, that might be a little easier!

They are ok if they work, though the gearbox is not exactly the best of the automated manuals. Its very slow to change, there is no 'creep' and it uses some kind of best guess as to which gear is needed. I know someone who has just spent £800 on their 54reg C2 VTR due to gearbox issues. Its not worth any more than that. You will notice the C2 VTR is among the cheapest C2 going ..

A facelifted C5 2.0HDi auto would be nice, often found in Exclusive trims too.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
daviemck2006
Donor 2024

If I could find someone to swap me a facelift C5 2.0 hdi exclusive auto for my C4 then I would be happy. As long as it was a reasonable mileage one. There seems to be a few high miler probably ex company cars about, which is not necessarily bad if they have been serviced properly, but their values are dragged down. I would hope for similar age, 06, 07 and similar mileage 60k would be worth about the same as the C4. However I have decided I am not really looking until winter is past. I will always have to watch where I park, as the biggest problem is getting in and out because of the length of the doors in narrow places. I have applied for a disabled parking badge which will let me use disabled bays which will help. Or take my daughter shopping and park in the parent and child spaces (she's 27 is that ok :rofl2: )

What a joy to be back in the VTS today after it being off the road for 7 weeks. It has no ill effects from it's sleep, there was a slight covering of rust on the discs but once that wore off was back to normal service resumed. I got my son to swap the wheels so I am on the 17's with standard width 205 rather than the 18's with 225 width. They are summer tyres, but the goodyear efficientgrip's have a wet weather rating A and all 4 have great tread so they will be ok. I've driven for 33 years now and never had winters and thats in north scotland, although my ex needed them on her 206 a couple of years ago.
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen dispatch 2014
In the family
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
bxzx16v

Unread post by bxzx16v »

It's good to hear the Vts is back in use Davie , I bet you've missed it. It's the same with the Zx if I haven't used it for a while, you jump in a think flipping eck this thing is fun :wink: :roll:.

Mark
daviemck2006
Donor 2024

As soon as I sat in it I thought WTF have I been doing not using this!!!!!!!!!! I am now recovering :rofl2:
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen dispatch 2014
In the family
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Unread post by CitroJim »

daviemck2006 wrote:As soon as I sat in it I thought WTF have I been doing not using this!!!!!!!!!! I am now recovering :rofl2:
I have that feeling every time I drive the Activa and the XM after extended times of driving the V6 Xantia...

It was so pronounced with the XM that I took a conscious decision to change its role from occasional car to regular weekend car...

Looking forward to spring so I can drive the Activa again!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Fake Concern

Glad the VTS is back in action, if you can get a blue badge (& surely you must be eligible) that would make getting in & out much easier.
daviemck2006
Donor 2024

Not been on for a while. I've been having computer problems, and I'm not talking about electronic computers. I read an article on the Internet somewhere that scientists have proven a link between chronic pain and depression. I bet they spent a lot of money working that one out. They could have saved millions, I could tell them that. The cold weather is making me much worse in the physical symptoms which is in turn causing problems elsewhere. I am beginning to wonder if I did the right thing buying another house here in NE Scotland. I want to be close to my family here, but could quite happily disappear to warmer climes from November to March.

On to the cars. Note the s. The guy came and saw the civic, gave me £150 deposit and said he would be back the next day or day after to pick it up and pay the other £1100. So I phoned the insurance, changed it over to the c4, went down the post office and taxed it. Two days later he phones me and says he cant get the rest of the money. What kind of dopey barsteward goes and buys a £1250 car privately without having the money. Not amused. He then says that the civic was to be for his wife cos his volvo is too big for her and he is going to pay me with his volvo. I don't particularly want a x-reg volvo S80 2.4 petrol auto, but he is adamant that I will love it and it would be good for me. I probably would like a volvo s80 auto but it would have to be diesel and a bit newer, like 54, 55 reg. When I said no I dont want it he says well you come up here with my deposit back. Like,,,,,NO!!!!!!! So now I have both c4 and civic taxed, c4 insured and civic not insured. I will either cash in a tax disc again or insure the civic.GRRRRRRRR. At least I'm running about in the c4, once I am in it is brilliant although a wee struggle with the clutch. It's still advertised, the latest offers for it is a 56 reg c2 VTS manual with some go-faster bits under bonnet and it's black which is tempting, cos my son can get it insured at a reasonable price, and a pug 207 1.4s on a 56 plate with only 38k on clock. Both these guys want a straight swap. I somehow think I'll be worse off with any of them so I'm undecided. Rather hang out for a sale or swap for something I do want myself, c4 1.6 petrol auto or c5 hdi auto. I need to sell this civic quick, I'll have to go for money back only, anyone want a cheap car at £1000?
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen dispatch 2014
In the family
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Citroenmad

Unread post by Citroenmad »

How is the weather up there Davie? It seems to have been quit emild for the time of year here, though I had to defrost the cars for the first time this morning. Cold weather is good for very few things, really!

Shame you have been messed about with your Civic deal, why do people not realise that a deposit is not returnable! Thats the buyers way of securing the car, as they have invested interest and its compensation for the seller should they not follow through. I do like the Volvo S80 and agree that its probably a great car to waft about in with some comfort, however, the 2.4 (especially the 140) is not the model to have. I quite fancy trying a Volvo, next year.

Where have you got your C4 advertised? Bad time of year to be selling cars but they are still moving. I went to see a car this morning which I thought wouldn't be a quick seller. By the time I got there, it had sold!
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
bxzx16v

Unread post by bxzx16v »

I don't think the Vts wants to go davie, I'd certainly keep it over anything you've been offered. If your looking for a diesel auto davie what about a laguna 3, their great value and a very nice drive. Ours has been faultless in the 2 yrs we've had it and eventually when it comes to changing it I can't see anything that really gets close so it could be here for a long time. By the way the heated seats are great this time of year.

Mark