Did new diesel car owners see this?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Did new diesel car owners see this?

Post by CitroJim »

Hell Razor5543 wrote: I wants one, I does, but I don'ts wants the insurance premiums!
Or the fuel bills :roll:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I can't get onto the Moller website, but if the Wikipedia info is correct, fuel isn't a major issue.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moller_M400_Skycar" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

IIRC the cruising speed was estimated to be upwards of 300MPH, with a range over 400 miles.

EDIT. Got onto their website. I still wants one! Please let me win the big one tomorrow!

http://moller.com/dev/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Hell Razor5543 wrote:Talking of flying cars, they DO exist.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=molle ... 43&bih=738" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I wants one, I does, but I don'ts wants the insurance premiums!
Well, it sort of hovers 15 feet above the ground whilst tethered to a crane, to be accurate ;)
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
Gregg1100
My Cars:

Post by Gregg1100 »

I want a bike like Judge Dredd's. Flying everything in that film, lol.

90 Kawa EN 500 A1- was running---now dead again
04 Kawa GPZ 500 E10 -alive and well.
54 Fiat Punto 1.2 Dynamic

Old Xantias- 16v 2litre 1997 VSX, 2 x 1993 TD Lx, S2 SX 1.9TD
Old Bx's--3 x 1.9 D, 1x 1.6 Auto, 1 x 1.9 GTi, 1 x 1.9 TZS
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I have just today been told by somebody who ought to know that the latest DPFs used by Nissan now can regenerate at tick over speeds, so they can be used by "urban" vehicles and not suffer from the problem prompting this post.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

Flying cars crashing all over the place,
Yes but it would give you something to watch laying on the sun lounger in the back garden
with a beer by your side on a lazy Sunday afternoon wouldn't it?
and it would be fairly entertaining. mind you it would really sort out the idiots from the good drivers. and reverse parking and three point turns would probably be banned anyway.

I'd like to see what would happen around the perimetder of small local airports. especially at night.
now that would be interesting.

flyiing cars are still being decveloped mostly by the chineese and americans or rather small personal flying machines, the problem is they need to be virtical take off machines I wouldnt fancy doing a virtical take off into a fast moving traffic lane.

how do you keep the traffic in lanes its got to be impossible. I think the driver will become obsolete eventually if they have any sense at all this will be the next big thing cars following
pre-programmed routes or following a track in the road using electric motors charged by the track.

like a trolley bus distance sensors keeping traffic appart to keep it flowing instead of the huge tail backs of motorway or A road traffic. no more accidents either, perhaps we will order a vechicle to our home by internet step out the front door get in the car and insert a pin number that debits our account for the charge and go on our journey,

the ownership will then not be a car as such but a rail connecting your home to the network. what planet is this by the way? #-o
it can't be any more dangerous than a rollercoaster.and i supiose the ratio of sick left on the seats will be less than a rollercoaster, just don't use the cars on a friday night. 8-[
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

It is and may show promise as this is fundamentally how diesel railway locomotives work but there are some severe problems. Using electric traction motors to drive the wheels has great benefits as the traction motors produce maximum torque when stalled so by their nature the acceleration is incredible. Ever wondered why an electric train has so much grunt? That's why!
Not just Locos....Dr P was at this in 1942 :)

Petrol/Elec drive
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

And if it couldn't shoot it's victims it could electrocute them instead...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

I haven't verified this, but I understand that there's nothing like enough copper in the world to replace existing internal-combustion cars with electric motor driven ones. It seems that not only battery technology but motor technology too will need to advance before large scale electric motoring becomes viable.
On the other hand, a number of oil companies have invested heavily in research into oil - producing algae, so it wouldn't be surprising to see that taking off.
Jim - combine your nuclear steam generator (H G Wells predicted it) with the advanced steam engine technology which powered the record - breaking car a couple of years ago, and you may well have a winner!