Workaholism

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Workaholism

Post by addo »

One of my selfish pleasures - doing stuff.

Nine PM and I've just got in from coding a new key to my neighbour's Pug. He lost the plip key in town the other day, the emergency (unconfigured) spare was at his country house 150 miles distant - he (almost eighty) caught the train there and back, however neglected to bring the handbooks. Amazingly, he has a photographic memory and could recall the security code. So, I spent twenty minutes in a nearby railway carpark (where he'd left the vehicle before losing his plip) with Peugeot Planet, dialling in the emergency key.

The most fun part? We're both left-wing ratbags, so I refused his offers of payment, and he was forced to acknowledge he would've in a similar situation! :lol:
Chlorate
My Cars:

Re: Workaholism

Post by Chlorate »

Hear hear, if more people would do things without expecting reward the world would be a seriously happy place.
Citroen Xantia Exclusive HDi

previously:
Citroen ZX Volcane - RIP
Peugeot 106 XN... stolen and destroyed by Kent Police :evil:
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

addo wrote:
The most fun part? We're both left-wing ratbags, so I refused his offers of payment, and he was forced to acknowledge he would've in a similar situation! :lol:
Good stuff, I'm glad to hear it. I'd do the same.
lexi
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by lexi »

Excellent Adam. I got a wee sparky mate to wire up a garage for an older wifey down the road.

I was around when he was getting squared up as I get all her tradesman and make sure the job and price is right. She had asked him to fix a light as an extra. She thanked him for job and gave him extra £20 for the garage job and then £20 to fix the light. Knowing him I knew where this was going.

"No no I can't be taking that dear! You have a freezing winter coming up and a house to heat" She tried again and he made it really clear this time.
The guy has done the same to me when I have tried to bung him..........he is impossible :-D
Citroen C5 1.6 HDI 110bhp Estate 06 plate

French Mistresses gone.
Citroen C5 HDI Mk 1 hatchback
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Sounds like normal FCF behaviour to me :-D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...