I like living here

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: I like living here

Post by CitroJim »

myglaren wrote:
Huish Episcopi
What a brilliant name Jim :)
It's a lovely little village actually Steve. Famous for its cider pub (jgra knows it well!) and the very pretty village church that appeared on a postage stamp in the early 70s...

Here's the stamp and here's the pub :-D

I tell you what Sticky, your dawn is a lot more pleasant than ours. At least you look out on scenery rather than endless urban sprawl and I bet you don't 'enjoy' the incessant sounds of coppers playing with their sirens on the M1 that's just a swallow's flight away and a constant irritation...

I know your gaff is not perfect. Big lorries going to the quarries and the cold of winter. It was for no reason the railwaymen of old christened the locality Siberia :lol:

Despite all that it's a bloody sight better than here.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Re: I like living here

Post by Stickyfinger »

:), I never see the stone lorries up our lane/hill, they are not allowed so nice and qt except for the kids in the tractors with the crashing trailer trying to get home early. :)

I still love the dawn/view here, with the workshops and an office with the same view I am very lucky and it is impossible to stay angry if I just go outside....it why I moved from a little Dorset Sh1t hole called Gillingham (chav central; !)
Cold wind....again as we are in the lee of the hill we are quite shaded from the front and have large tall trees behind to offer cover from the north winds.....still get @@@@@dy cold tho :)
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting