Micra, the new Metro?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Stuart McB
My Cars:

Micra, the new Metro?

Post by Stuart McB »

Why is it that latley every time I come across a Nissan Micra (brand new of course) it's running along at,
25 in a 30mph
25 in a 40mph
25 national speed limit middle of a dual carrage way.
in fact the only time they speed up is when going down hill, like
35 in a 30mph
45 in a 40mph
85 on a national speed limit in the middle of a dual carriage way.
You flash your lights and honk your horn but o no avail [:(!]. Another one is while merrily speeding along at 25mph [}:)] they indicate right or left and then don't turn for about 200 yards [}:)][}:)]. Driving past several turning pionts, only to then turn off the indiacator, stop, pull in to the middle of on comming traffic, then turn...... yes thats right left [}:)][}:)].
Is it me or do the ealderly who are now entering their 2nd child hood drive like those d**k head youths who can't control a scooter let alone their cars [?]. So many older people (over 60) seem to have forgotten road manners and the highway code. It's like they have just past their test's again. Rant, rant, rant. Thats better.
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

Please dont start me on this. I live in a seaside retirenment town next to the one thats deemed THE seaside retirenment town of england (eastbourne) and believe me, I fear for my life driving anywhere at the weekend. I try not to drive at all as its just a total joke. Glad I work in the week as I had last friday off and sat in the pub for lunch I watched an old couple drive around the town centre roundabout the wrong way with cars hooting. They even had to stop at one point as a car couldnt get past then carried on their way argh
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

Hi Stuart
Cannot beat a good rant to start the day. I usually kill a sacred cow or two [}:)], as well
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">You flash your lights and honk your horn but o no avail . Driving past several turning pionts, only to then turn off the indiacator
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Indiacator? Is that a device to locate a curry house? [:p]
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">So many older people (over 60) seem to have forgotten road manners and the highway code. It's like they have just past their test's again. Rant, rant, rant. Thats better.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
So many people of all ages seem to have forgotten road manners - they <i>flash their lights and honk their horns</i>, working themselves up into such a state that they should not be even riding a bike, let alone in charge of a fast-moving ton of machinery.
IMHO there is no age limit (high or low) for lousy and dangerous driving. Maybe insurance premiums disagree with this.
Panjandrum
My Cars:

Post by Panjandrum »

Calm down and spare a thought for those of us who also own a Micra. Super car: excellent at bopping along motorways in quiet comfort; turns on a sixpence - almost as good as my old Triumph Herald; loads of room inside.
There are, of course, drivers who can reverse their Micra into the side of a house despite the frantic wailing of the proximity alarm; "it always does that so I just ignore it..." she said.
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

lol and yes mike its not the just old, there is a global drop in the driving ability and its getting worse
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Yet funnily enough, this being a French car forum, we will all accept any eccentric behaviour from a 2CV driver of any age!
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

That's because if you get run over by a 2CV, it's not going to particularly hurt!
bikeboyz
My Cars:

Post by bikeboyz »

Working for a couple of years in Sherborne in Dorset, I came across a couple of scary drivers of a certain age, sorry but this is true.... One drove over the parking meter in her merc, had to be helped out of the car becuase the front was in the air and she couldn't touch the ground, commenting "I pressed the wrong pedel"......
Another in the same car park reversed straight in to the trolley bay, which was one of those great big glass ones the size of a big shed, commenting, "oh how long has that been there?"
You take you life in your hands in Sherborne! no offence of course intended!
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Sorry for being ageist and carist (is that a word). But it just seems that around my neck of the woods (Worcestershire) there's been a fall in highway code knowledge. Not the tuff stuff like stopping distances in wet and or dry, but who has right of way when approching parked cars on the road. Another is how to use road traffic islands. To me watching, all lanes mean either straight on left or right. It's always thew same type of folk aswell. You know them no taste and a Burbery cap with a hearing problem or overly powerful car (like a Saab) and unable to see over the steering wheel. The 'get out of my way' gang. Mr saftey the wife calls them.
Robin
My Cars:

Post by Robin »

While I am on line can I add my two penneth to this one please?
I had the displeasure to use the M11, drive round the M25 and onto the M3 last weekend. The only car to give me a headache was a series of red micra's. My partner thought we were being followed. All of them batting along at over eighty, didn't care which lane they used, undertook at every opportunity and stopped at roundabouts despite there being nobody on it[:(!]
I think it is the influence of the latest ads - micrattude.
They were all except one, being driven by young girls. No comment.
Driving Standards Agency, what standards. R
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

lol and more importantly what did the young girls look like? :D
Robin
My Cars:

Post by Robin »

Darren, two observations on their appearance. 1 - with Hilary in the car I didn't dare look too interested and 2 - they were passing by on all sides at eighty!
Equally though they were younger than my own daughter by a lot, which is a bit frightening and why perhaps I find their driving irritating. R
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

heh probably best you werent looking then if they were younger than your daughter as wifey may have applied her hand to your cheek in a slapping motion :) I was a passenger before in my friends car and we were overtaking a Visa GTi and so I whipped out the digital camera and took 2 shots as im obsessed with them (sad I know), the driver must have wondered what on earth I was doing!