FRENCH MOVIE STARS

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

bikeboyz
My Cars:

FRENCH MOVIE STARS

Post by bikeboyz »

Just reading and responding to the message about Sci-fi and the thunderbirds Ford (yuk!). What other movies can be said to have French cars as stars?
Here are mine -
"Ronan", the Citroen XM car chase is excellent, how does the Audi keep up over the rough ground the XM magic carpets along the turf! and DeNiro hunting a 406!
"Taxi" and "Taxi 2", the best Peugeot 406 films ever! The 406 is as much the star as the actors!
"For Your Eyes Only", Bond escaping in a Citroen 2CV6 being chased by a fleet of Peugeot 504.
"Subway", opening sequence of a very early Peugeot 205 GTi going hell for leather!
TV program - Columbo ! of course the humble Peugeot 403 Cabriolet
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

taxi 3 as well :) oh and its Ronin :p got that on dvd, brilliant
bikeboyz
My Cars:

Post by bikeboyz »

Forgot some.....
"Day of the Jackel" - If your going to get shot, then the best place is in a Citroen DS , infact a whole army of DS !
"A View to a kill" - How to drive half a Renault around Paris by 007.
"Back to the future part 2" - Citoen DS taxi cab, a flying one of course!
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

The best bit in "taxi" is definately the Moped stunt riding at the start-very scary!!!!!
If you want to see a bad guy in a BX watch "spoorloos" or whatever it's called-Belgian film with a serial killer taking full advantage of the BX's load carrying capacity.....and a very grim ending[:0][xx(]
Don't, whatever you do, watch the yank remake, the vanishing!!!A happy ending, and no Cits..aaarghhh!!!
bikeboyz
My Cars:

Post by bikeboyz »

If you get chance to listen to Luc Bessons commentry on Ronin (got it right this time!) its amazing how he films it. In the Pug 406 scenes, he purchased cars from England, ship them over to France and fit a left hand drive dash board! The actor is seen steering the French wheel connected to nothing, and the stunt driver is in the passenger seat driving on the English steering wheel.
But back to films, thought of another one, well its TV infact.... has anybody noticed in "The Rugrats" kids cartoon the Pickles family's run about is an animated Citroen DS ! then linking to "The Rugrats in Paris" .. lots of other animated Frenchies.... sad ain't it <g>
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

Have you watched the making of bit on the dvd? For some bits they rigged up seats in the boots of the cars and the stunt drivers drove them from there with another wheel and pedals etc. Whilst doing this the real actors were in the drivers seats moving the wheel at the correct times but it wasnt attached, so cool
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

And watching "Payback" on sunday night there was a fleeting glimpse of a derelict looking DS amongst all the other wrecks in the background when Mel Gibson was being gunned down by his slimy sidekick in the underground garage.
bikeboyz
My Cars:

Post by bikeboyz »

Well I don't have the DVD or Ronin, just the Laserdisc which has obviously been just transfered over lock stock and barrel to DVD, as its the same contents!
A few others are springing to mind but cant think of the titles...
Whats the Bond movie, scene in the south of France, some mad evil woman in a Mk1 Renault 5 Turbo in a tunnel ?
whilst I'm on a roll, the advert for the Citroen C3, which had the Citroen DS as a taxi cab.... who was the woman in the C3, something in my gut feeling says it was supposed to be Gina Lollobrigida...with the DS cabby saying "she's back!". Which would be a bit of Citroen history repeating itself as Gina Lollobrigida was on the front cover of "Paris Match" in a DS.
Anybody shed some light? or am I even more mad....
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

I was happy recently when i found an mpeg video of the original Visa GTi french advert from 1986 I believe where it drives off an aircraft carrier :D
bikeboyz
My Cars:

Post by bikeboyz »

Sounds like the MGB advert BMC used in the USA, obviously quite a few years earlier.
bikeboyz
My Cars:

Post by bikeboyz »

"The Last Boyscout" - The bad guy makes his get away in yet another American DS !
bikeboyz
My Cars:

Post by bikeboyz »

I really must stop this! Something in the back of my mind had me thinging Citroen DS again... then it clicked, National Lampoons European Vacation and the Citroen DS.
So who saw "Day of the Jackel" on Sunday, loads of lovely frenchies....
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

And the bx the camera followed in "street crime UK"....the camera man obviously thought it was more interesting than the drunks rolling around the pavement.
Going back to the day of the jackel, the way those DS's bounce, dive, and roll, I'm surprised DeGaulle wasn't sea-sick!!
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

DSs should not bounce or dive! If they do there is sumfink very wrong with the suspension - knackered spheres or similar. I think it was 'jackal' BTW.
CdG probably had good reason to thank the designers of the DS after two of his tyres got shot out and he travelled on.
I did not when the only warning I got of a rear wheel puncture was the slight noise the tyre made <b>after</b> it had shredded. [:(]
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">DSs should not bounce or dive! <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
You would have thought that, but just watch the bit where the line of DS's all skid to a halt outside the government offices-the one in front is diving and bouncing worse than an Argie striker in a bowl of jelly!!!