C5 2.2 Hdi Compressor

Post your Cit/Peu/Ren air conditioning queries or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

KP
My Cars:

C5 2.2 Hdi Compressor

Post by KP »

I think after a quick lexia with Jims unit earlier the AC Compressor on the 2.2 could be duff and i've seena few floating about on the bay and with citroens EXCHANGE service running at about £370+theft im wondering if other models were fitted with the same compressor but i don't know how to get the info out of service citroen to show me :(

If anyone can help the part number is

00006453TF

Thanks,
Will
Tony Clingan
My Cars:

Re: C5 2.2 Hdi Compressor

Post by Tony Clingan »

probably easiest to ask one of the big breakers of Citroen, not sure if we're allowed to mention names here but I used one that you put in the parts you want and you get quotes back within 2-3 hours, I got about 6 quotes, around a third of the new cost. You'll also see them on ebay for £30-£40 with a working guarantee
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

^ OK to mention names as long as you are not associated with them.
There is a subforum for recommended garages and services.
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Cheers guys:)

I just wanted to know if the part was the same across the board or shared with other models and engines to make searching that bit easier as well as the fleabay ones are uber cheap
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Seems to be fitted to 2.0 units as well:
AIR CONDITIONED COMPRESSOR DETAIL DW10 TURBO DIESEL AND AIR CONDITIONING >Functions>Comfort and convenience>Heating / air conditioning
>Electrical components>Comfort and convenience>Heating / air conditioning
AIR CONDITIONED COMPRESSOR DETAIL DW12TED4 TURBO DIESEL AND AIR CONDITIONING >Functions>Comfort and convenience>Heating / air conditioning
>Electrical components>Comfort and convenience>Heating / air conditioning

Also comes up against:

1 document(s) found for XSARA II (DW8 / DW10)
1 document(s) found for BERLINGO (M59) (DW diesel - M59 is the MK2 Berlingo with the big lights)
1 document(s) found for C8 (diesel)
1 document(s) found for XSARA PICASSO (DW 10)
Richard W
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Cheers Richard :) that's exactly what I was after! I can now source one and get it fitted :)
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Before spending out on a new compressor what exactly are the symptoms? Lexia can only tell part of the story, you may need to connect the system up to a set of manifold gauges to get a proper diagnosis, if for instance the compressor is engaged and the system has a correct charge of gas but the system isn't cooling it could be down to the expansion valve being stuck open.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

With Jims it just said Compressor. I've checked with a cheap kit there is refrigerant and decent pressure so all looks good but the clutch wont engage.

I have asked my dad to try and get to the connector to try and supply it with 12v and see if it locks.

I don't think there is anything else in the system that could cause an issue unless the pressure sensor was faulty and that would have come up instead of the compressor i think.
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Depending on the software version your car is using sometimes on Lexia on say the BSi menu it will say something along the lines of "Compressor engagement permitted" then on the next line confirming whether the compressor actually is engaged.

I had a bit of a malarky on this issue with my daughters C3 where the compressor wasn't engaging at certain times leading me to think that something was wrong but after a lengthy diagnosis session including driving the car it became apparent that the engine ECU or BSi prevents the compressor engaging not only when accelerating but on other seemingly random occasions despite the A/C system having the correct charge of gas and the pressures within the A/C system not being too high/low. Diagnosing A/C faults without both a Lexia and a set of manifold gauges is a real lottery.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

I think all AC systems will cut out on modern cars when Wide Open Throttle is detected but thats not the case on this one and see as there is pressure in the system an the engine was just idling i couldn't think what else it could be. Also the clutch part spins freely so getting him to short and test if it does click in is the important bit now.

May be a case that i need to invest in a chixia to get it sorted properly.

I tried the manual activation option with Jims and it just reported error and thru me back to a permanent fault screen :(